Chapter 22 - Imagine You and Me

I'm really looking forward to watching "Imagine You and Me" next week! I imagine they would want to watch the movie together and got inspired to do this one-shot when Meng said Alden would be watching the movie also in Bulacan.

Hope you enjoy this story, especially jouanamarie_balauag, this is the long-delayed one shot you requested of RJ inside a theatre. Please feel free to comment. Enjoy!

Maine fastened  some hairpins on top of her wig to make sure it would stay in place. She wore a loose black hoodie over gray tank top, baggie pants and sneakers completed her disguise. The fans were intelligent, she had to be really careful to pull this off.

"San ka na naman pupunta?" Coleen asked, nosily eying her garb.

"Manonood akong IYAM, di na siguro matao, day 8 na eh."

"Hay naku Meng ang tigaaasss talaga ng ulo mo. Kala ko ba sasamahan ka ni RJ? Lakas ng loob mo manood mag-isa."

"Hay naku, sabi niya ngayon kami manonood pero ni ha ni ho walang pasabi so bahala siya nonood ako mag-isa."

"San ka manonood? Sa malapit ka lang ha baka hanapin ka ni tatay."

"Oo sa SM Marilao lang ako."

"Fine, di ka maawat sige, go."

It was the last full show on a Wednesday, and Maine successfully got into the theatre without being recognized. Armed with a bucket of popcorn and soda, she purposely headed to the lower section near the front rows, because people rarely sat there.

The theatre was still half filled with people but as she predicted, most of them stayed in the farther rows. She looked forward to enjoying a row all by her lonesome, taking in the beauty of Lake Como on the big screen. Would have been better if RJ was here though.

They were together during the movie premiere, but it was different watching the movie then. Much as they loved the fans, it was too noisy, they were preoccupied with the critics' possible comments, and all eyes were on them too. She wanted to savor the movie with RJ, remember the special little things they experienced during the shoot. But he was busy, as usual.

Heavy footsteps took her attention away from the screen. A black guy with afro hair was headed her way, armed with a big bag of dark M&M's, soda, and burgers, judging by the smell of his brown bag. He chose the seat right in front of her, his head blocking her view. Not wanting to call attention to herself, she moved to the next seat sideways to get a better view.

Ok Meng, alisto lang baka style nya yan tapos holdup kasunod. Weighing her options on transferring to another row or staying, she opted to stay, for as long as she could see him, she guessed she'd be ok.

The man began to unwrap his food, the rustling of sandwich wrappers distracting her. Wow, the burger smelled heavenly, she belatedly realized she was hungry.

"Sssshhhh, can you please keep it down?" She whispered to him, moving closer to his seat from behind. But the man slurped his soda noisily anyway while watching. Geez, he was so annoying!

Wait a minute. Why would a black guy watch their movie? Not that the movie sucked but really, a local movie? She crept closer to the man's back in an effort to smell him. Pag si RJ ito, shit, uwian na.

As she moved her head closer to his nape, the man suddenly spoke.

"Bagong ligo ako babe, lika tabi na tayo."

With that he turned to face her, with a silly grin on his face. He quickly stood up to sit beside her, bringing his goodies with him.

"Gago ka talaga, RJ."

"Hala, tinupad ko na nga promise ko na-gago pa ko."

She actually found it funny, seeing him with dark make-up and the afro wig, but she was not a good sport and refused to show him how tempted she was to laugh.

"Pano mo nalaman na dito ako pupunta?"

"Tinext ako ni Coleen, nagsumbong na lumabas ka mag-isa. Kita mo kampi ko na mga kapatid mo."

"Che!" She said, for lack of anything better to say. "Ang pangit mo pala pag maitim ka, hmp."

He laughed out loud at that, risking the angry hisses of people a few rows away from them.

"I love you, Bibi." He whispered and kissed the spot below her ear, making her shiver.

"Kiss mo naman ako. Sige na, reward for my effort. Did you like my surprise?"

"Kiss ka diyan, manonood tayo ha, hindi tayo nag punta dito para magmomol."

"Just one kiss sweetie, sige na."

"Fine, just one ki-mmmfff--"

He silenced her with a kiss, softening her unyielding pout that slowly opened to welcome his tongue. His hand caressed her jawline, the warmth of his palm sliding to her neck as the kiss deepened.

Kissing her seemed like it was always the first time, her soft full lips responded to his hunger, matching him kiss for kiss. Her hand was on his chest, feeling his strong heartbeat, seeking the warmth of his body.

Slowly, he tempered his hunger for her sweetness, giving her lips a lingering peck before kissing her forehead.

Wordlessly, she tucks her arm under his, her head leaning on his shoulder. He unwraps another burger and hands it to her.

"Kala mo ha,  binati lang kita dahil sa burger mo." 

"Talaga? O sige after ng movie papahawakan ko sayo burger ko--aray!" He squirmed while she was pinching his middle.

"Nood na tayo, ha quiet ka na."

But she proceeds to pinch his midsection playfully again, his burger, as they call it. 

With a lingering kiss on his dimple, she finally smiles at him.