-3- ✔️

I WAS SITTING INSIDE OF MY new house, sitting in the large kitchen at the island, across from Karen and Daryl.

They wanted to talk acouple things over with me, and I wanted them to answer some more questions that I had. One of them being, What would happen to my mother's house?

Reassuring me that they would take care of the bills, the house was going to stay the way it was, my mother would be moved back into it in acouple of months if she showed positive vital signs and then they would both pay for homecare for her. But the house would still be there.

They also told me that tomorrow after school, they would make Michael drive me home after school.

I already knew, without a doubt, that I should just prepare myself to walk here. Even though it was a 40 minute drive it would probably take me an hour and a half to walk here. There was no way Michael would want to drive me. Or even be in the same vehical as me.

Then they told me that they arranged for a moving truck to come this saturday, and considering the fact that it was only Thurday, they agreed to take me home to pack acouple things to stay 2 nights here until we could move all my stuff out.

Everything was going so fast, I mean I was going to be getting married, I was getting a car and a house, I was moving out and I would turn 18 soon.

After everything was explained, they gave me a tour of the house, showing me where Michael and I would sleep together (yea right) and showing me the 6 guestrooms, and the finished and furnished basement, which was complete with a bar, a pool table, a fooseball table, a cooler, 2 mini fridges, a lounge area, 2 different HD flatscreens, and video game consols.

After the tour, they gave me 2 sets of keys to the house, the keys to my new car, and showed me where the spare key of the house was kept. We then piled back into Daryl's car, drove 40 minutes to my house, where I packed the essential things that I needed, and then we stopped by the grocery store, where they bought abunch of food to stock the cupboards and fridge of the house. Once that was done, we drove back to the house, unpacking all the groceries together and putting my stuff in one of the guestrooms which was farthest from the room that Michael and I had to share.

"Thanks for buying all of this stuff and helping me out" I thanked them as I walked them to the front door.

It was just past 9pm, and they were getting ready to leave.

"It's honestly no problem darling," Daryl spoke first, and his wife continued, "Exactly. We've always thought of you as our daughter, and now you're helping us keep our Empire going"

Hugging both Daryl and Karen Clifford goodbye, I watched them get into their car and drive off, leaving me alone in the huge house.

I let out a sigh, padding across the floor and upstairs to the guestroom that I chose. Closing the door behind me, I went over to the bed and flopped down on it.

I couldn't believe that I was actually doing this. This was insane! How am I supposed to prepare a wedding to marry someone who wants nothing to do with me whatsoever? I couldn't possibly do all of this.

All of a sudden, my mind wandered to two years ago. A couple days before we had broken up.

Michael was never good at hiding things, especially from me because I knew all of his tells. But how could I have not seen it? I couldn't tell that there was something wrong with our relationship, he just came up to me one day and blurted it out. He said he'd kept the secret for two weeks, but I never even noticed.

I never noticed him bob his knee up and down, or how he would keep running a hand through his hair. I never even noticed him always biting his lip, or fidgeting. I didn't even notice when be would just always tell me that he loved me.