-15- ✔️

"MICHAEL.

MICHAEL.

MICHA-" IN A MOMENTS notice, Michael was ontop of me, his eyes dark as he glared tiredly at me.

"What?" his voice was low and he spoke the word slowly, obviously annoyed with me for trying to wake him up over the last twenty minutes. But I smiled.

"Do you know what today is? Guess. Guess. Gues-" he covered my mouth with his hand, and I had no doubt that I was annoying him beyond belief.

"I don't give a flying f*ck about what day it is. It's Saturday. I want to sleep" his voice was raw and still filled with annoyance and anger, and I rolled my eyes, removing his hand from my mouth.

"It's your birthday!" I smiled widely, and he rolled his eyes before he rolled off of me and onto his back.

"So?"

I sat up, giving him an incredulous look, "So? So?"

"Did I stutter?"

"No but-"

"But nothing"

"Michael you're 19 now. You're like, technically 20 years old, in a way. Don't you want to do anything?" this was ridiculous. My 19th birthday was exactly a week away from now, and I know that I was certainly looking forward to it.

"Nope" his eyes were closed as he lay on his back, not a care in the world at all.

"That can't be true. What did you do for your last birthday?" I asked him, and he sighed.

"You don't want to know"

"Yes I do, we have to do something to top it"

"Miley, you don't want to know" he opened one eye to look at me, and I once again rolled my eyes.

"Just tell me. How bad could it be?"

He propped himself up on his elbow and looked at me with both eyes.

"For both my 17th and 18th birthday, I spent half the day drinking with Calum, and the other half with a different girl in my bed, okay? So I don't want to do anything today" there was an edge in his voice, and his eyes were swimming with different emotions at once.

"Oh" I didn't really know what to think of that. Glancing back at Michael, I saw the guilt in his eyes, but I smiled.

"Well, my job's significantly easier now. Thanks" I pat him twice on his head, his eyebrows furrowing together in confusion and I got up from the bed, glancing at the time.

"Be ready to go in 45 minutes"

*

*

*

*

"Where the f*ck are we going?" he groaned in the passenger seat.

We were about to leave the house so that I could take him out for his birthday.

This was the first time I was going to drive in three years.