-13- ✔️

I HADN'T GONE TO SCHOOL for an entire week.

I mostly didn't go to avoid Michael. He left me acouple more calls and messages (by the hundreds) but after I had skipped school for the third time in a row, he stopped trying all together.

It hurt.

It hurt a whole f*cking lot that Michael and I had broken up.

I wanted us to last. Mostly because I never saw myself with anyone else beause I had never been with anyone else except for Michael.

But after missing an entire week, my mom came into my room and forced me to get back to school.

To some extent she understood.

I mean when you've been bestfriends with some one for like, 12 years and you go on to date them for four years, then it's understandable how much heartbreak is behind all of the betrayl.

But then you have to get over it and move on and continue to get an education to go far in life.

"Are you up, Miley?" my mother yelled from the kitchen, and I groaned in response, burying my head deeper into my pillow.

"Miley?" Her voice was closer, and I knew that she was in my room now. The dip of my bed confirmed it.

"I'm up" was all I said, my voice hoarse from not talking to anyone for the past week.

"You know I understand that this is hard for you, but I want you to get yourself up and refreshed. It's not healthy for you to be caged in here" she wanted me to understand that she wasn't forcing me to go to school because she was fed up with my behaviour. She genuinly wanted me to be happy again.

"I'm fine" I rubbed my eyes and sat up, no doubt looking like a mess since I hadn't showered in like a week.

"Maybe you should just talk to Michael," she suggested, stroking my shoulder soothingly, "I mean maybe this was a big misunderstanding"

"He cheated on me, mum. What's so hard to understand about that? And I'm fine" I rolled my eyes and yawned.

"Yes but maybe you should hear him out first? I mean, I want to make sure that you're really okay. After your father-"

"I said I'm fine" I snapped at her, immediatly regretting it.

She was only looking out for me.

"Sorry" I mumbled.

"It's alright. I've made you some breakfast when you're ready. I'll drive you to school when you're done" she said softly, standing from my bed and kissing my forhead.

"I'm not hungry" I told her as she reached my doorway.

"You haven't eaten in a week Miley. You're always hungry"

"I'm not hungry" I repeated, standing from my bed and gathering my clothes and heading into my bathroom.

I closed the bathroom door and heard her sigh and leave. Once I knew she was gone, I turned the shower on, making the water as hot as it could go as I stripped and hopped in.

The scoraching water burned my skin, and the longer I took the pain, the less my heart ached.

But then thoughts of Michael filled my mind and before I knew it, the water didn't seem so hot anymore and I was sobbing.

I loved him.

Why was that not enough?
*

*