-27- ✔️

I SAT UP, GASPING FOR AIR TO FILL my lungs as sweat dotted my forhead.

The same nightmare had occured.

It had been a while since I had them, and I thought that they had finally faded away.

But they didn't.

"Miles?" I nearly jumped out of my skin at the sound of a voice beside me.

Right. It was just Michael.

"Go back to sleep. I-I just need some water" I choked out, realizing that I was crying. I quickly threw the sheets off of me and got out of the bed, speed walking out of the room and to the kitchen.

I retrieved a glass from the cupboard once getting there, fumbling with it.

I was panting uncontrollably.

Get a f*cking grip, Miley.

The glass dropped to the ground.

"F*ck" my hands were shaking, and thanks to that, broken glass lay around my bare feet. I could barely even control my movements.

"F*ck" I swore again, wiping at the tears still leaking from my eyes.

Arms suddenly wrapped around my waist, and I jumped again in surprise.

"Are you okay?" Micahel whispered tiredly into my ear, and I wiped at my eyes again.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. G-go back to bed, I'll clean this up"

"No. I'll clean it" Michael yawned, carefully turning me around in his arms, making sure I wasn't stepping on glass.

"Y-you don't have too. You're tired. I-I'll-"

"Your hands. Holy shit, you're trembling, Miley" and he was right. My whole body was shaking, not just my hands anymore.

"Are you feeling okay?" he asked me, sleep seeming to leave his body as he searched my blue eyes with his green ones.

"I'm fine"

"Go back to bed. I'll be there shortly" he told me, stepping backwards and pulling me away from the glass.

"I-I have to clean-"

"I'll be there shortly" he repeated, and he gave me a gentle push. I hesitated for a minute and he gestured for me to leave again. I nodded my head, slowly making my way back upstairs.

Once I got back into the bed, I lay back down, curling myself up and steadying my breathing.

After acouple of minutes, Michael came back into the room, slipping back into bed and wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me so that my head lay against his chest.

"I love you" he kissed my forehead and I shut my eyes as tightly as I could, wanting the feeling of terror to leave my system.

"What's going on?" he asked me, drawing soothing patterns on my back.

"Nothing" I whispered quickly.

"You're shaking," he moved himself slighty away from me and shifted on the bed. I opened my eyes to see that he was staring directly at me, and he raised his hand to caress my cheek,  "What's scaring you?"

I didn't speak and bit my lip. Tears were starting to leak again, and Michael was quick to wipe them away.

"What's scaring you?" He repeated the question and I bit my bottom lip harder, suppressing a small sob.

"She almost killed me"

I had spoken barley above a whisper, but due to our close proximity, I knew that he had heard me. My eyes adjusted to the darkness of the room and I could see him clearly—or rather, as clearly as anyone could see someone else through the darkness—and he pressed his lips into a straight line before he nodded his head slowly.