-Epilouge- ✔️

-  14 months later   -

THERE WAS A KNOCK AT MY DORM ROOM DOOR, AND WITH A FINAL GLANCE at my book, I stood up, adjusting my pony tail and walking over to the door.

"Hey Miley," my roommate, Sophie, entered, a couple bags and a pizza box in her hands. She placed the bags on the circular glass table we used as a dining table and handed me the pizza box, and I shut the door behind her.

"I thought it was my turn to pick up dinner" I shook my head playfully as I helped her unpack the bags of groceries as I placed the pizza on the table.

She chuckled, "It was. But this pizza was just outside the door"

I furrowed my brows at her, "Wait, what?"

She shrugged, "Yeah, the box was just sitting on the hall table outside"

I laughed, still confused, "So you're just going to eat a pizza you found outside?" I watched as she took two plates from the cupboard and stood at the table, handing me one.

She shrugged again, "I'm hungry, you're hungry, why can't we just eat already" she chuckled a bit, opening the box.

"There's... there's only one slice" We both frowned, looking at the single pepperoni sausage slice in the box.

"And a note," Sophie took back our plates and put them on the counter, coming back over and taking the tapped note out of the box.

She unfolded it and read it aloud, "'Forever and always missing you xxx' That's cute, I guess," she showed me the note, "If we knew who it was"

I took the note from her immediately, knowing exactly who had written this, "I know exactly who this is"

Without waiting for Sophie's questions, I gabbed a hoodie from my bed, "Don't wait up for me!" I called over my shoulder.

"I'm eating the pizza!" she called back as the door closed, and I laughed to myself as I rushed down the main stairs, rushing through the dormitory lobby doors just in time to see a familiar figure opening a limo door, about to get in.

"Michael!" I called out, and he turned immediately at the sound of his name.

His eyes met mine, and a ghostly smile graced his lips as he closed the limo door and turned to face me fully. I wasted no time in running over to him, jumping into his open arms and wrapping my arms around his neck tightly.

His arms went around my waist, lifting me off the concrete before he slowly lowered me back down, my thin socked feet feeling the slight chill of the pavement sending a small chill up my spine.

"Oh my gosh it's been foreve--Damn, you clean up nice" I laughed as we let go of each other, my eyes looking over his suit-clad body.

He laughed as well, his eyes glinting with an emotion I was all too familiar with.

Love.

"I've missed you," his smile was genuine, "I miss, you"

I smiled back at him, my hand finding one of his, and I laced our fingers together, "I miss you too"

"How's school going?" he asked, giving my hand a small squeeze.

I ran my free hand through my hair, "Indefinite torture. It's great" I laughed, "How's your company?"

He shrugged, the mood dampening ever so slightly, "Harder than I thought, but... I don't know, I guess I'm managing?" It sounded more like a question than a statement, and I squeezed his hand back comfortingly.