-23-✔️

-Michael-

"Michael, look" I turned at the sound of Miley's voice, seeing a bright smile on her face, causing me to smile.

"Hey, firecracker," I wrapped my arms around her in a hug before letting go, making sure that she wasn't in my arms for too long. If she was, I knew she would be able to feel my fast paced heartbeat, "What's up?"

"Look over there" I looked past her shoulder to where she was pointing, seeing someone that I've never seen before in my life standing with another girl in our grade. I think her name was Leah or something, but I couldn't be sure.

"What am I looking at?" I looked down at her and met her eyes, staring into their brilliant blue color.

I may be 12, but I knew that I was completely in love with this girl.

"See that guy standing next to Lydia?"

I did. But what I didn't understand was why Miley wanted me to look at him.

"Is he bothering you?" I asked her, clenching my fists a bit, but she touched my shoulder casually and I felt the anger leaving my body.

"I wish!"

"What do you mean?"

She turned her head to look at me, her brown hair framming her face and her blue eyes twinkling.

I blinked a couple of times.

"I think I like him"

I'm sorry what?

"What?" I voiced my thoughts and frowned, a confused smile gracing my lips as I took another glance at the guy.

He was alittle shorter then me. And his hair was brown and not blonde like mine was. And his eyes were brown and boring too, whereas mine were green and had a unique color to them.

What exactly was she seeing in this guy that she wasn't seeing in me?

"You like him?"

Looking back over her shoulder at him as she nodded in confirmation, I felt myself growing jealous.

No.

She can't like him.

That's not fair.

"Are you okay, Mikey?" my eyes didn't meet hers as I stared at the guy talking to Lydia.

Lydia.

"I've been meaning to tell you," I began before I could stop myself, "I like someone too"

At the mention of me liking someone, Miley's attention was back on me in an instant, and I couldn't help but smile at my quick thinking.

"What? Who? How come you've never told me before?" she pestered, and I looked back at her, deciding whether this was a good idea or not.

It really wasn't but—

"It's Lydia. Lydia Marks. I like Lydia Marks"

What am I doing?

"What? Really?" Miley scrunched up her nose in the cutest way and I almost said no if I didn't catch myself first.

"Yes"

I thought it had worked. She looked jealous, which was my plan, and I almost let a smile slip as well at that.

"I've never seen you talk to her before" she looked suspicious.