-4- ✔️

"M-Miley?"

I WAS AWOKEN BY someone yelling my name, and I sat up.

I couldn't see anything, it was so dark, and my muscles ached from sleeping on the floor.

And suddenly, everything that had happened came back to me in a wave, and I slumped my shoulders at the memories.

After I had stormed out of the kitchen I walked into the first room that I saw and locked it behind me.

It was a closet.

But I was only trying to get my breathing under control before I could have a full on panic attack.

"Miley?" Michael. Michael was calling my name. Squinting through the darkness, I could see that the door to the closet was still locked. Which was good. I wouldn't want him to find me anyway.

But then again.

Why was he looking for me?

I stayed silent as I listend to him call my name once more before cursing. I didn't know what time it was, and I patted the floor around me quietly, trying to locate my phone.

My hand brushed against the surface of it and I picked it up, cringing at the bright light that emitted from it once I pressed the home button.

"Holy f*ck" I whispered under my breath. It was 2:14.

In the morning.

I was well past midnight, and I realized that I might have passed out and then fell asleep. My lack of nutrition and food has caused that to happen to me before, but not for this long.

If I could remember correctly, the movers left the house around 4pm. Which means I've been in this closet for almost 12 hours.

"Miley?" his voice was closer to the closet now. He almost sounded panicked. But I knew that that probably wasn't the emotion in his voice. He made it clear that he didn't care about me.

"F*ck, f*ck, F*ck, where are you?" he muttered to himself. He was right infront of the closet now, his shadow looming infront of the crack under the door.

"Holy f*ck," he mumbled under his breath, "Miley?" he yelled, and I realized that he was looking for me.

But I didn't want him to find me.

"Mom?" he spoke again, and I heard a muffled voice in the background. He was on his phone.

"Yea, the movers came..... Yea, everything's here...... Yea, I'm still mad at you and dad for making this happen" I could hear his end of the line, but not what his mother was saying, though it was pretty sure what questions she was asking him.

There was a thud against the door, and I jumped slightly. The sound of something sliding against the door sounded, and I realized thaf Michael had sat down, leaning against the door. I could hear what his mom was saying now, beause he was closer to me.

"Is everything settled over there?" she asked him.

He let out a sigh, "Yes"

"Can you make sure to take care of the garden in the back?"

"Okay"

"Oh! And can you make sure that you're nice to Miley? Please?" she asked him. There was a pause on his end, and I held my breath so he couldn't hear me breathing.

"Yea alright, whatever" he sighed at last.

"Thank you. Speaking of which, how is Miley doing?"