-11- ✔️

"Where's Tori now?"

I ASKED MICHAEL, PROCESSING the information that he had just given me.

"I don't know," he sighed, "She left Australia I think. After I threatened a restraining order against her crazy physco ass" a small smile came to Michael's face, and then it suddenly vanished as he realized he was smiling.

We remained quiet for what seemed like lengthened hours, but were only mere minutes.

"I'm sorry" Michael sat on the island counter, placing his head in his hands, and I sat myself beside him.

"I know" I mumbled to him, nudging his shoulder lightly with mine.

"God, I really wish that things between us were different" he huffed out, raising his head from his hands, and running them through his hair as he sat up straighter.

"I miss you, Miles. Every f*cking day" without helping himself, his hand moved in a flash to grasp my own, and he interlaced our fingers together, but looked away nonetheless.

"I miss you too" I leaned my head against his shoulder.

"Why didn't you listen?" he asked me, "We could have prevented this if you just listened to me"

"I was hurt, Michael," I defended, feeling a tinge of anger stirring in my stomach at his accusation, "I just found out that you cheated on me. What was I supposed to do?"

"You were supposed to listen. To let me explain. To not leave me. I was nothing without you" his voice was raising as he let go of my hand and I raised my head from his shoulder.

"You made me lose my trust in you. How was I supposed to listen and understand when all that was going through my mind was a replay of you telling me you cheated on me? All that I was thinking about was what I did wrong. Why you did it. Why I wasn't good enough"

"But you were good enough. You always deserved better than me. You were always perfect, I was just lucky that I could call you mine"

"You're wrong"

"I'm right and you know it!" he finally yelled, and he slid off the counter, "I always tried to be good for you. To carry your books, make you laugh, hold your hand, make sure you knew that you could talk to me. I admit, I was a shitty boyfriend sometimes, but I still tried to make sure you knew how much I loved you. And you threw all those good morals—all those good qualities and memories about me away, just because of some stupid misunderstanding!"

"You knew that I couldn't stand cheaters, and to hear that you did the same to me killed me!"

"But you had to know that I would never do that to you Miley! You knew that I loved you!"

"I didn't always know that!" my fists were balled and turning white and at the response I gave Michael, he frowned.

"What?"

"I can't come for you right now. I have a job interview in the next two minutes" I agrued over the phone with Michael.

He wanted me to come pick him up and bring him to some new resturant with Calum.

Considering that Michael and Calum both got their lisences suspended for speeding more than once and not paying their tickets on time, Michael assumed that I had suddenly become his own personal chauffer.

"Miley c'mon. Cal and I haven't hung out in a while and we need to go today" he whined over the phone.

I needed this job interview. I needed the job.