Hey mr. prick ~14~

Ch. 14

Hey Mr. Prick. It’s not a pleasure to meet you

Rose’s P.O.V.

~Flashback~

“Hey, are you alright?” Chris asked, concerned. He knelt down beside me and took my small, smooth hand in his larger callous ones.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I sighed and closed my eyes. I didn’t know whether that was the truth or a lie but I replied anyways only saying what Chris wanted to hear.

“I know something that will make you happy,” Chris declared, trying to lighten the mood. Of course he didn’t believe me. That’s what best friends are for because, like Chris, they realize when you’re sad and they help you through it all. I tuned back into the conversation again and looked at Chris expectantly.

“And what is that?” I asked curiously, raising an eyebrow. Chris always came up with the best ideas to cheer me up.

“There’s a carnival downtown, do you want to go with me?” He asked hopefully and I smiled. I deserved a break from this mess I was in and a carnival was perfect. My mind would be too busy focusing on the carnival rides to think about a certain someone and Chris would definitely help with that issue too. Subtly, I scanned his handsome face before realizing he was waiting for an answer.

“Sure” I answered grinning. He flashed a million dollar smile and grabbed my other hand to pull me up.

He knows me too well, I thought.

~End of flashback~

Rose, get your butt down here!” Chris yelled from the lounge downstairs. I rolled my eyes; he always did this. He did not understand how girls needed plenty of time to get ready. Sometimes I wished it was like the olden days when the men would wait for the women like perfect gentlemen. Then I realized that diseases were very common those days and I very much wanted to live so I discarded that wish quickly.

“You’re a guy, I’m a girl. We take more time so deal with it.” I yelled back, annoyed. However, I did try to hurry knowing he would only pester me more and I didn’t want to go to prison for murdering my own best friend.

I loosened my hair from its bobble and let it flow like a waterfall down my back.  Swiftly, I opened my bedroom door before walking down the stairs fluidly. Glancing down at myself, I criticized my choice of outfit. I was wearing a knee-length, cocktail dress with a pair of red, killer high heels.

As I reached the bottom step successfully without falling flat on my face, I saw Chris tapping his foot impatiently with his arms crossed. Hearing my heels click against the polished, laminate flooring, he looked over at me, exasperatedly. He did a double take before his jaw dropped but was instantly replaced by his familiar smile that I loved so much. Striding over to me, he took my hand gently and opened the door. Just like a gentleman, I thought happily.

“I guess the wait was worth it. You look beautiful,” he whispered in my ear. His hot breath blew over the side of my face and sent tingles all over my body.