Chapter 1.

Copyright © 2012 AllTimeNutella

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Carlota's POV.

As we left our old house which was situated in Devon I clicked shuffle on my iPhone and drifted into a state of sleep. Who am I? I am Carlota Domina, I've lived in England almost all my life, except for the first 2 years in which I lived in Madrid, Spain. I'm not your typical 16 year old girl, I'm very shy, I prefer to keep myself to myself. I've never really had many friends, but that doesn't bother me, I spend my time reading, writing and playing piano. My parents are both successful authors therefore they encourage me to write. I wouldn't call myself a nerd but I get nearly straight A's in everything. I would miss living in Devon; the beautiful countryside air would be replaced by polluted city air in London, even if it was the outskirts it still wasn't the same. Unfortunately I didn't have any siblings in which to play with during my free time, I've always wanted a little brother or sister to play with, but my parents insist one child is enough, especially with their work load.

The journey lasted just over 5 hours, I was glad to be able to get out the car and walk again. We didn't set off till late so my dad insisted on driving without having a break. When we finally arrived it was almost midnight. The street was completely pitch black except for the occasional street light, I could barely see the house I was going to be living in for however many years. I managed to find my way up the garden path and waited for my mum who came and unlocked the door. I didn't bother looking around, I headed straight up to my bedroom, luckily the furniture was already in place. I didn't bother getting changed, instead I just snuggled up under the covers and fell fast asleep.

"C'mon up, the family will be here soon." My mum said as she drew back the curtains in my room exposing the bright sun light.

"5 more minutes."

"No, up, now." She demanded. My parents weren't strict, just stressful from the move.

Somehow I managed to lever myself out of bed and over to my en suite. The steaming hot water felt like heaven against my groggy body. After my shower I changed into some black skinny jeans, purple converse, and a cute of the shoulder top. I hauled myself downstairs, still feeling drained after yesterday. I finally had a chance to take in my surroundings, the house was reasonable size. Semi-detached, decent sized living room, small dining room, modern kitchen, 3 bathrooms, 3 bedrooms and a study. I stood by the living room window staring out at the street, my head quickly snapped to the right where I saw a bunch of boys stood outside the house next door. They looked my age or maybe just older, before they noticed me looking I quickly removed myself from sight of the window and walked off to find any type of food in the kitchen.

"Kitchens empty doll, we're going food shopping in a minute, do you want to come?"

"Urm, no thanks, is there a shop around here where I could get a snack quickly?" I questioned.

"I think I saw a bakery just up the road, to the right. We'll see you in a bit."

"Bye dad, don't forget my cocopops."

"How could I forget? You remind me every time we go shopping."

I heard the front door slam shut and the car engine start up and reverse of the drive. I grabbed some money out of my purse, picked up my phone and headphones and headed out the door. The boys were still outside, I could feel their eyes boring into my skin, I tried not to pay any attention although I did turn my music down so I could slightly hear their conversation as I walked down my garden. It mostly consisted of; "Is she new?" I turned the music back up and headed down to the shop. My dad lied about it being just down the road, it was a half an hour walk, I was starving by the time I got there. On the way back I was subtly humming the tune to one of John Mayer's songs. My parents were already home by the time I arrived back, the boys were nowhere in sight, I thought this was a good thing, I didn't have to be so self-consciousness due to the way I look. I literally have the confidence of a potato. I helped my parents pack the food away, I then was forced into helping set up stuff for the party. I don't know why they need my help, all I did was lay a few cups on the table outside. Typical my parents had organised a family BBQ, my family can get a little crazy at times. I had 3 aunts and uncles who were coming and brining my cousins. In total I had 8 cousins, not many but still a handful. I was lucky that most of them were a similar age or were just a few years apart so I could actually talk to someone.

After taking a short nap I shot up to the sound of the doorbell ringing and a mass of noise coming from downstairs, I quickly rebrushed my hair and headed outside into the garden.

"LOTAAAA" My cousin Justin came running towards me and spun me around and carried me half way down the garden.

"Missed me?" I questioned with a puppy dog look on my face.

"Of course I did my favourite ever cousin of mine."

"Hey, what about me?!" My cousin Jessie said with his hand on his heart acting hurt.

"Aw, you know I love you to, just Lota makes better cookies."

After greeting all my family we finally sat down at the table, my dad had to do some embarrassing speech, luckily my youngest cousin dropped her glass causing it to end abruptly. Eventually we got round to eating. After the biggest dinner of my life my Uncle Chezney decided to take role of DJ. He blasted tunes around the garden, I was still stuffed from dinner and just wanted to let my food settle. Unfortunatly for me Justin had other ideas, he dragged me up to dance.

"No, I don't wanna dance."

"Aww c'mon Lota, we know you got some killer moves."

"Haha, you know I dance like a high chicken."

"For me?"

"No, not the puppy dog eyes, it won't work."

"Pleeeeease."

"Fine."

I started dancing, I only lasted around 10 seconds before I felt stupid and self-conscious again.

"Why did you stop?"

"I told you I didn't want to dance."

"Not even with me?"

"Nope not even with yo-"

Before I could even finish my sentence Justin grabbed my hands and forced me to do spins and random side stepping, by the time the song finished I was in fits of laughter. I had to bend over to catch my breath back, when I regained my breath, I stood up straight and looked directly up to next doors window. That's when a pair of eyes belonging to a curly haired boy locked with mine. The eye contact may have only lasted a second but it was enough to leave me breathless, again. When I looked back, he had gone but I couldn't resist secretly smiling to myself.