Chapter 3.

Carlota's POV

First day of school after the summer, first day at a new school, perfect. I hate the fact I'll be the 'new girl', everyone is going to take one look at me and judge me just by my appearance, before they even get to know me, it's how society works. My shy personality isn't going to help me make any friends so I can look forward to lonely lunch times in the cafeteria, early mornings in the music room and break times in the library. I don't like reading but there I can stay out of sight and out of anyone's way.

I hoped out of bed with a little less enthusiasm than I really should have, I headed straight for the shower where I washed my hair with scented soaps. After my shower I changed into some dark wash skinny jeans and a fashionable top. Luckily this school didn't seem to have a uniform unlike most British schools. I grabbed my cardigan off the side before I dragged myself downstairs. I let my hair dry naturally so the waves were more present. I grabbed myself a bowl of cocopops for breakfast and sat at the kitchen table whilst listening to the morning radio. After finishing my breakfast I went back upstairs and applied some eyeliner and mascara before picking up my iPhone and headphones from the bedside table. I walked back downstairs where I slipped on my black converses and laced them up. I grabbed an apple from the fridge and shoved it into my brown satchel; I unhooked my jacket from the hooks in the hallway and made my way outside. I heard my parents shout good luck as I slammed the door shut. I put my headphones and pressed my Cobra Starship playlist. I had no idea where I was going, there didn't seem to be anyone around to ask for directions. Luckily I spotted one of the boys I saw yesterday a few hundred metres ahead of me, I didn't have the confidence to ask him where to go, instead I followed at a distance hoping and praying he went to the same school. 20 minutes later we arrived at St Mary's, the new school I was attending. I sighed a little in relief that I had managed to make it here. I walked up to the gates and just stared up at the several large buildings. My old school was big but this was a joke, I would get lost so easily. I needed to find reception but even that looked like a challenge; I got pushed by several people whilst I made my way across the school yard, even if they were just messing around with their friends it still made me feel slightly self-conscious. Somehow I managed to find the reception, an old woman was sat typing away at her computer. I walked over to the little window to make my presence know.

"Yes?" She snarled. Wow, not very polite around here I guess.

"Um...I'm new here, I just came to get my schedule."

"Name?" She asked slightly annoyed, what was her problem? If I don't get my schedule I can't go to class.

"Carlota Domina."

"Here you go, form room 2.3."

"Thanks, where is-"

"Run along now."

I tried asking where that was but she was no help. I had no idea where room 2.3 was, I had no idea which building it was even in. I walked around aimlessly until the bell rang and a massive stampede almost killed me. I didn't want to be late on my first day but I had no idea where to go. After everyone had gone into their classrooms I still wandered up and down the halls, still no luck. I turned a corner and saw a girl of my age approaching.

"Hey, are you lost?"

"Yeah, sort of."

"Which room are you looking for?"

"2.3 I think."

"Oh cool, you're in my form. We have form in the music room, you're in the wrong building, follow me."

"Thanks."

"No problem, I'm Cassie by the way."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Carlota."