Chapter 18.

I'd love to tell you we all lived happily ever after but we all know that only happens in fairy tales and Disney movies and since this isn't one of them, it wasn't going to be all plain sailing.

3 years later.

I was awoken by the startling noise of my alarm, 6am in the morning, still one of my favourite times of the day. I hoped out of bed and retreated to my haven; the shower. After spending a good half an hour in the shower I finally emerged back into my room. My phone was flashing indicating I had a message, I dawdled over to my phone and read the message; Good morning beautiful! See you soon. Xx :). He couldn't get any more perfect. I got changed into my usual black skinny jeans and a different band t-shirt. I stared at myself in the mirror, I looked gormless in the morning, luckily no-one was around to see me. I applied my eyeliner as best as I could in the morning, it was pretty dark in my room since I hadn't bothered to open the curtains so who knows what my eyeliner looked like. I couldn't bare the darkness any longer; I walked over to the curtains and flung them back. The milkman was out doing his rounds and gave me a small wave in which I returned. I waltzed back over to the mirror and took a seat in front of it. My make-up didn't look that bad to be honest, a little touch up here and there and it was done. Now onto my hair, I picked up the hairdryer and dried my hair, it went into its normal wavy state. My hair was still long, but it definitely wasn't brown. It was vivid red, pretty much the same colour as Rihanna's. It's been this colour for almost 2 years now and I loved it. I was always compared to Ariel from the little mermaid or people told me I was the living Ariel, however my life wasn't a Disney film. But for the past 2 years my life seemed perfect. After finishing getting ready I grabbed an apple and headed out the door. I hopped in my little mini cooper, purple and convertible was how I ride. I took a bite out of my apple before pulling out into the road, I drove the short drive bobbing my head to the CD which was in its player, this morning it happened to be Blink-182, undeniably one of the greatest bands, ever! I finished my apple and chucked the apple core out onto the busy streets, the ants would soon feast on it. I finally arrived at the studios and parked my car in its usual space. I stepped out and was greeted by the morning breeze, slightly cold for a spring morning but it was nice. I walked into the studios and flashed the receptionist my smile. I headed into the lift up to my usual floor, floor 8.

"MORNING!" I was greeted with as soon as I stepped out the lift, I think I literally had a heart attack.

"You do that practically every morning and it still makes me jump."

"I love you too."

"You know I love you Alex."

"I know, you know you look beautiful in the morning." He said, whilst pecking my lips.

"You tell me every day. And you don't look too bad yourself."

"Not too bad? I'm a sex god."

"In your dreams."

"I'll be counting on it." He replied cheekily.

"Anyway, I've gotta go, don't wanna be late."

"Alright, wanna go out for lunch today?"

"My my, are you asking me out on a date?" I said wiggling my eyebrows.

"Why yes I am, I can take my girlfriend out on a date right?"

"Sure can, see you at 12." I said whilst giving him a quick kiss.

"Later, beautiful." He said whilst heading into the lift up to his floor. I carried on walking down the corridor to the recording room.

Alex he was almost perfect, more than I could ever ask for in a boyfriend. He picked up the pieces when no-one else was there. After everything that happened I didn't think real love was possible but Alex made me see the light. We've been dating almost 2 years and everything was perfect, it was all a smooth dream. He's honest which I love best about him. And yes, I did just say love. I really do love him, he's my prince charming, there is nothing that would make me question my love for him. Being both 19 years old we understand each other, we fit together like that missing puzzle piece, if only he had been my first love, but that's all in the past, I hope.

"Morning Jack." I said as I walked into the studio. After studying at University for a year I decided it wasn't for me and I earned myself an apprenticeship at a recording studio in London. I've worked with some big names such as; Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Justin Bieber and many more. They're not exactly my cup of tea but they're great to work with and you make some amazing friends in the business. I never fulfilled my dream of becoming an artist myself but I still thoroughly enjoyed being a music producer.

"Morning Lota, did Alex meet you in the hall?"

"Do you even have to ask?" I said sarcastically.

"Hmm, anyway we have a few new artists coming in this week, not huge names and will probably need help in getting used to what to do in a studio, you can handle that right?"

"Sure can. Who are we having in?" I questioned. We have different people every week or every day, depends on how busy we are. We can turn out several albums or singles a week. My name is on the back of a ton of CD's in which I am very proud of.

"I'm afraid still no All Time Low."

"Damn." Yeah, they were still my favourite band.

"We have a couple boy bands in this week though."

"Oh the joy." I said, boy bands really weren't my fortey, I didn't enjoy their music to be honest.

"Today we have in Ed Sheeran, he's working on his new single."

"Awesome."

"We don't really have a busy day, that's pretty much it."

"Great, I have a dinner date anyway so that works out."

"You guys are such love birds."

"Thanks." I replied. Me and Jack had a close relationship, he was one of Alex's closest friends and a good friend of mine.  "So, what's on the agenda for the rest of the week?" I asked whilst taking a sip of my mocha which Jack had supplied me with.

"Tomorrow we have a boy band in all day, um..." He said whilst flicking through his paper. "The Wanted. Oh wait, that's Wednesday, tomorrow is One Direction." He said. I literally choked on my drink almost spitting it back out. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, fine." I lied. Of course I wasn't fine. I used to know One Direction, they used to be my best friends and my boyfriend. But that all seemed a lie. I hadn't seen or spoken to them since the X Factor, the X Factor was what drove them away. They were never the same during the X Factor. Things were perfect before the X Factor, me and Harry had been on a never ending road of love for almost a year, and it seemed like the happiest year of my life but that soon stopped when they moved into the house. The girls started gathering, the texts and calls were soon disappearing and then there were none, not a single call for weeks on end, I assumed it was over and moved on. None of them even tried to get in contact with me, I never saw Harry when he came home, I decided to pack up my things and move across the city and go to university, that wasn't working out so I bought a house and got my job. Alex soon came along and picked up the pieces of my heart, the thought never occurred to me that I would have to see them again. I prayed to God that they wouldn't recognise me; I wasn't in the mood to talk to them after 2 years of silence.

"Tomorrow's going to be a long day."

"Yeah, I've heard the boys like fun, they could be handful but you can deal with them right? Put them in their place."

"Yeah, sure." I said, still uncertain.

"Anyway, Ed's on his way up, have fun today, you're in recording room 8."

"Thanks. Later." I said whilst walking to room 8. I was a nervous wreck about tomorrow but I had to get today out of the way. I had worked with Ed before and he was a pretty good friend so this should be fun.