Chapter 29.

Carlota's POV

"Do you want to try it without the frame?" The doctor asked me.

"Sure." I replied eagerly.

"You might not be able to get your balance to start with, but once you get into the flow of things it should become easier for you." He said.

"Okay." I replied whilst removing the walking frame from around me. I grabbed hold of the wall to balance myself but reluctantly let go when I was able to move by myself.

"That's great, can you make it all the way down the corridor?" The doctor asked whilst standing roughly 20 metres down the corridor away from me.

"I'll try." I said with all the energy I had. It felt weird to be walking again, it felt as if I had never walked in my life and I was just learning to, it was a very weird experience to say the least.  "I don't think I can go any further." I said practically out of breath, I had only made it a quarter of the way. The doctor seemed to get further away, not closer. I was losing all enthusiasm and just wanted to lie down and go to sleep but that would get me nowhere.

"Just a little more, you can do it." The doctor tried to encourage me.

"I want to, my legs just won't take me." I said while staring intently at the floor wishing it would turn into a moving escalator.

"That's not the right attitude." A different voice said, I looked up from the grey tiles on the floor and locked eyes with Harry. I just wanted to give him a hug, it was always so reassuring but he wasn't coming any closer. "You just have to believe in yourself." He smiled at me.

"Harry?" I asked, I didn't expect him to be here today.

"Ah, no hug until you walk to me." He smirked whilst reading my mind.

"That's evil." I replied.

"But it's working." He stated, he was right, I was slowly making my way towards him. I just grinned in response as my pace quickened and I was almost standing in front of him. I was a couple feet away but he came and greeted me with his usual bone crushing hug, but not like I mind. "I'm so proud of you." He said into my hair whilst he continued to hug me.

"I couldn't have done it without you." I replied whilst giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

"I'm never washing that cheek again." He joked.

"I didn't think you washed anyway." I retorted.

"Now that was uncalled for." He joked back. He slowly released me from his grasp and we made our way, slowly but steadily, back to my room. We both sat on my bed wondering what to say I presume.

"So, what are you doing here, you're not supposed to visit until next week?" I questioned.

"I couldn't resist." He teased. "Actually, I won't have a chance to come and visit next week." He stated honestly.

"Oh." I spoke.

"It's not because I don't want to, I do, honestly but it's all to do with a surprise I have for you."

"That surprise you still won't tell me about."

"It wouldn't be a surprise else. Anyway, next Saturday you'll need these." He said whilst handing me an envelope.

"What is it?"

"Well open it and see, duh." He joked. I slid my finger underneath the opening and pulled out two tickets. Two tickets for One Direction.

"Tickets to your own show?" I replied sarcastically.

"Yep."

"Is that my surprise?" I asked intrigued.