Chapter 5.

Carlota's POV

I made my way upstairs to 'freshen up' as my mum calls it, I didn't really freshen up, I just got changed and brushed my hair. I spent the rest of the time waiting, listening to John Mayer in my room and reading over some piano music, I hadn't played in a while but I didn't have time to practice at the moment, my piano was in the spare bedroom, it still had a load of unpacked boxes surrounding it. I'm pretty sure half of the stuff in the boxes is mine which belong in my room but I'm quite liking my room plain and simple. The blue and white colour scheme matched the outside of the house and it also made me calm.

My quiet reading was interrupted by the doorbell, I heard my mum answer the door and greet the Styles. I awaited my mums call, telling me to come downstairs, while I waited I carried on reading the music, I was picturing myself playing, whenever I did that I could disappear into a whole new world and not noticed anything around me. It just occurred to me I hadn't rang Justin back but he hadn't seemed to have called the house or rang my mobile after I retrieved it so I assume it wasn't that important, more likely boredom.

"Carlota, dinner's being served, please come down and meet the guests."

There's my cue, time for awkward conversations, new people and my shyness taking over again. I switched of my iPod and slowly crept out of my room, I didn't want a big entrance so I tried to sneak down the stairs without affecting the floor boards which were very creaky at times. I took a deep breath before I appeared at the dining room door.

"Oh there you are, I thought you'd fallen or asleep or something."

"I was just reading, sorry."

"No, worries." My dad said. "This is Mr and Mrs Styles and their children Harry and Gemma."

"Nice to meet you all." I said politely as possible before I sat down opposite Harry and next to my mum. We were having a British roast for dinner, I'm not a vegetarian, but I'm not really keen on beef which was sat in front of me on my plate. The parents seemed to be having quite the conversation about anything and everything whilst I just sat there and pushed the beef around with my fork.

"So, enjoying school?" Gemma asked me.

"It's okay, I guess."

"What did you take for GCSE?"

"Music, creative writing and French." I replied.

"Are you any good at French?"

"Uh-" but before I could continue my mum butted in, typical.

"Good? She could pass of as a French person, she could have taken her exams early but unfortunately we moved." She was right I was good at French, but with no friends I had to do something with my spare time other than play music.

"Oh cool, what about music, do you play any instruments?" She asked.

"I used to play the piano." I replied.

"Why did you give up?"

"I didn't really give up, my piano is just a little buried underneath boxes at the moment."

"Don't be silly doll, we can move the boxes and you can play for them later." My mum insisted.

"Mum," I gave her a stern look, I haven't played in ages, heck what if I forgot how to play?

"Yes?"

"I haven't played in ages, I've probably forgot, anyway they don't want to hear me play."

"I do." Harry chirped in.

"There you go, it's settled after dinner we'll have a little tidy up and you can play."