Chapter 28.

Harry's POV

"Would you like anything special written on the card my love?" The woman behind the counter asked me whilst she finished wrapping up the flowers.

"Uh, no thanks." I replied, eager to get on my way.

"Okay hun, that's £45.50 then please." I handed over the money, grabbed the flowers and set off towards the hospital as fast I could. The quicker I get there the longer I get to spend time with her. By the time I got outside the florist my car was swarmed by paparazzi, these guys never give me a break. I thought my way towards the door ignoring all their stupid questions; I didn't have time for chit chat.

"Who are the flowers for?"

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

"Who is she?"

"Do you love her?"

I heard being shouted at me as I sped away. The truth was, she wasn't my girlfriend but that doesn't mean I don't love her.

I entered the hospital for the first time in a month. I would have loved to have visited sooner but being on tour was more hectic than I remembered. Whenever I had time off we were the other side of the country and I couldn't get there and back in time for the next show, no matter how much I begged. Just because I didn't visit her doesn't mean I haven't spoken to her. I make it my priority to ring her every day to make sure she's still there and to give her hope. I walked down the dismal corridors; the only thing that ever seemed to brighten this place up was Carlota's smile. Just thinking about her smile had a contagious effect on me; it wasn't just her smile whenever her name was mentioned my face lit up like Louis' face on Christmas. I walked past several wards of patients, some lying their lifeless, it reminded me of Carlota. She could have died and I wouldn't have a chance to ever tell her I loved her again. I still think back over that horrific day and think how different life could have been, I get upset, depressed just thinking about it. I walked past a few children waiting around the corridors and smiled at them as they waved at me and giggled. I clutched the bouquet of flowers even tighter in my hand as I neared the corridor where her room was situated. I had to stop myself from wanting to run into her room and smothering her in kisses. I managed to keep my cool as I passed the receptionist and headed towards her room. I was walking with my head down, smiling to myself when I heard the most gut wrenching scream. My eyes grew huge as fear took over my body. I recognised the voice of the scream, it was her. I didn't stop myself from running now, my legs quickened the pace whilst I remained focused on her room. I reached her room and swung the wooden door back as fast as I could. I regained my breath and stared around the room. I was expecting to see a murder scene by the tone of that scream but what I actually saw was Carlota. She was standing, all by herself. She was crying, happy tears. I picked up the flowers I had dropped out of pure shock and ran straight towards her enveloping her in a bone crushing hug.  I couldn't help cry myself, it felt like a miracle. She may not be walking but it's still a start, there's no stopping her now.

"What are you crying for?" She joked as she retracted slightly from the hug so I could now see her face.

"I knew you could do it." I wept, another tear slid down my face.

"Aww you big softy." She laughed whilst letting out more tears and gripping me in a hug again. The nurses around us had huge smiles on their faces whilst clapping. "I need to sit back down, who knew standing up was so tiring?" She asked rhetorically whilst sitting back on the bed, swinging her legs back and forth.

"It'll get easier, you'll see." I replied whilst sitting down next to her.

"True love." One of the nurses whispered to another whilst walking out the room. I couldn't help but smile.