Chapter 9

Carlota's POV

I hadn't stopped thinking about him, this wasn't normal for me. Even my parents knew something was up but there was no way in hell I was going to tell them it was a boy, especially our next door neighbour Harry. Every time I played the piano I thought of him, I would always end up playing a romantic song but I would have to stop, my feelings would get the best of me. This can't be healthy; I've never felt this way before so I didn't know if a boy could mean this much to someone. I find myself day dreaming about him all the time, I keep wondering what those lips taste like, I crave his scent when I'm not around him. I could get lost in his gorgeous green eyes all day, even forever and I wouldn't complain. Right now the only thing that seemed to matter in my life was Harry and it was driving me crazy not being able to have him. Maybe if I had some confidence I would actually tell him how I feel and who knows what could happen, but we all know that won't happen.

Nothing exciting happened throughout the school holidays, everyone seemed to be busy with coursework and exam prep, I on the other hand had completed all my coursework during school and I never revise, I have photographic memory. I'm pretty lucky I guess but it gets boring when everyone is busy, I don't want to text or call anyone incase they're in the middle of studying. I rarely played the piano, I didn't want to distract Harry in case he was studying, I wasn't sure how thick the walls were and I wasn't going to risk it. The whole 'gang' as everyone seems to call it now did meet up to go to the cinema, we saw The Inbetweeners film, I have to admit it was hilarious, I didn't get to sit next to Harry, his left and right was occupied by Louis and Cassie, I was next to Louis and Liam. It wasn't awkward but I would have preferred to have been able to look to either my left or right and see Harry's infectious smile. Instead, I was confronted with Louis' insanely loud laugh. After the trip to the cinema no-one really saw each other, I did often see someone go around Harry's but I didn't want to bother them, so I stay inside. Right now I really could have done with a sibling to play with.

My alarm rudely rang at 6am on the first Monday back at school, I slammed my hand hard on the snooze button, I wasn't feeling the normal 'early bird' like I always was, I was awake most of the night thinking, mainly about him but about other things. My future; what sort of career would I have? Would I be successful? Would I become writers like my parents or would I do something I wanted to do like a musical career? I'd love to play shows all over the world, people listening to my music everywhere they go, I know only the older generations like the sort of music I play but that wouldn't matter, an audience is an audience, I wouldn't complain. I wondered what Harry wanted in life or was he just going to live life at the fullest and deal with the future when it became the present? After the alarm rang again I couldn't ignore it any longer, All Time Low blaring in your ear this early wasn't exactly pleasant. I grouchily climbed out of bed and groggily walked over to the bathroom where I turned the shower on and was greeted by a heavenly warm waterfall. The water felt good against my tired body, it soon woke me up. Afterwards I put on my chosen outfit, brushed my hair and went to raid the kitchen for breakfast. I managed to find some crumpets in the cupboard and settled on crumpets and a cup of tea for breakfast. Next thing I knew I was heading out the door walking to school with my iPhone blaring away in my ears whilst I walked on watching the hectic morning world go by.

As usual I was one of the first in the form room, just the odd other people scattered about the room. I took my usual seat at the back and grabbed the book from my bag that I had almost finished reading. I hadn't notice the rest of the class come in until the teacher started taking the register. I put my book down and looked around, Harry was looking back at me and gave his signature smile, his eyes were so welcoming and his smile was infectious, I couldn't help but smile back and slightly blush. Before he noticed I placed my book back in front of my face and continued reading. Before I could get back into it I was interrupted by the teacher giving out some sort of announcement.