Chapter 21.

Carlota's POV

I wasn't happy with my recording, it sounded okay but not good enough to earn myself a record deal. Alex as usual tried to cheer me up, he said it sounded good but of course he would he doesn't want to hurt my feelings. I sat in my empty feeling living room flicking through the channels on my TV, nothing really took my interest. I flicked onto the music channels, surprise surprise one directions latest music video was playing, I just wanted to throw the remote at the tv smashing it into pieces and scream my lungs out, but I didn't I sat there and listened intensely. I didn't watch very much, I was too busy focusing on their voices. It felt like they were singing too me. Deep down I did wish they would recognise me, I want to be mad at them but for some reason I can't. I barely feel any anger towards Harry, all I want is an explanation but I doubt that is going to happen any time soon, a girl can dream though. I have Alex now, my life should be perfect but ever since they stepped back in my life something feels missing and I don't quite know what it is. Is it the fact that I don't have many friends still but they were greatest friends I ever had? Honestly I never stopped missing them, I had blocked them out of my life but deep down in the depth of my heart there was still a place for them. They were the greatest things that ever happened to me in life but also the worst. Thinking back over what happened still made me unsure whether I would actually want them to know it's me. I sat on the sofa in deep thought for most of the night, it was 3am by the time I decided it was time to go to bed. I hauled myself of the sofa and into my bedroom. It was lonely living on my own, Alex enjoyed living with Jack they had been best friends for a decade, I wasn't going to force them apart, but some company around here all the time would be nice. I sat on my bed rubbing my temples, I had been thinking so much I could feel a headache coming on, my endless amount of coffee drinking probably didn't help either. I just need someone to cuddle with right now and make me feel better, Alex was a great boyfriend but sometimes he feels distant and he has hormonal mood swings but I love him all the same, I think. 

My alarm carried on ringing through my head whilst I was in the shower. 3 hours sleep and a full day of work ahead of me wasn't doing my body any favours. I wasn't feeling great this morning, I just wanted to lay on the sofa with a hot chocolate, popcorn and watch pointless day time tv but instead I had to work with 5 very hyperactive boys. I dragged myself out of the shower not wanting the warm waterfall to end, but it had to sometime. I wasn't feeling breakfast this morning so I took a detour to Starbucks on the way to work and picked myself up a hot chocolate, the one I had been dreaming off. Luckily the traffic wasn't that bad this morning, I arrived early still sipping on my drink. I waved to the receptionist whilst I entered the lift. I reached my floor and the boys were already there, they really are eager about this recording thing, either that or their manager forced them here. I hadn't even met their manager yet, even though I was producing their music, that surely can't be very professional. I feel like death warmed up and I probably look like it too. The boys all looked up from their phones when I walked in, however Harry was still staring intently at his. 

"More coffee?" Liam asked.

"No, hot chocolate this morning." I said while taking another sip. I walked over to my desk and placed my cup down. I was about to relax for 5 minutes but my phone started ringing. I quickly picked up seeing it was my mum calling.

"Hello?"

"Hello doll, could you please ask your father if he has the lease for the house?"

"Mum, you know I hate being the messenger, can you not ask him yourself?"

"I don't want to have to speak to him."

"Fine, I'll do it later when I've finished work. Why do you want it anyway?"

"I've decided to get out of the city, move back home, our real home."

"So just like dad, you're gonna leave me."