Chapter 22.

Carlota's POV

"Okay, I think that's everything from upstairs." I called down to my mum.

"Thanks hun, just a few things left down here." She called back. I leant back against the wall and sighed, this was where I spent some good years of my life, but it was also some of the worst. I remember in the kitchen having a pancake fight with Harry, those memories will stay with me forever. I didn't really visit this home very much, I was always too busy and my mum always insisted on visiting me, it wouldn't be like that anymore, she wouldn't be here. There'll be no-one in London to go running crying to if something happens or if I just want a talk. I know I should start making more friends but it was hard when I was always so busy. I walked over to my bedroom and took one look out of the window; it was weird stood in an empty room. I picked up the last boxed and walked downstairs and outside and placed the last box in my mum's car.

"Well, that's everything out of the house. I can't believe I'm really doing this." She gushed.

"Neither can I." I said, not very impressed that she was running away instead of facing up to her problems.

"Don't be like that, you can move back too." She said trying to reassure me.

"No. I can't. I can't just drop everything just because I want to move back home, it doesn't work like that."

"You can always come visit, spend the holidays with me."

"I'll see." I said whilst helping her into her car, I turned around to face the house where Harry used to live, there was someone stood in the living room window, I cocked my head to the side but I couldn't see who it was, I could only see their silhouette.

"Well I guess this is it, I'm going to miss you doll." My mum said while gripping me in a hug.

"Yep, I'm going to miss you too, good luck with everything." I said while hugging her back.

"Thanks for everything, I love you so much." She said while wiping away a tear.

"I love you too, now go. Before I start crying." We both laughed.

"Alright, alright. I'm going." She gave me one last kiss on the cheek before she hoped in her over packed car and drove off down the road. I subtly waved goodbye, still waving well after she had disappeared. She was gone, actually gone. I crossed the street and headed over to my car while delicately wiping away a single tear that had fallen.

"CARLOTA!" Someone shouted, I turned around to see someone coming out of Harry's old house, how did they know my name? The girl came running over, I just stood there, awkward and dumbfounded. "Carlota! Hey!" I still had no idea who it was. "It's me, Gemma!" Wow, I really didn't recognise her, this was awkward.

"Oh my gosh, Gemma, I haven't seen you in years." I said, it was true, after me and Harry split I hadn't seen her once.

"I love your hair."

"Thanks, I didn't recognise you with dark brown hair." I said.

"It's good to see you."

"And you."

"I see your mum's gone."

"Yep, back home."

"I've missed talking to you, you were always so genuine. What happened?"

"I ask myself the same thing every day."

"So, have you and Harry spoken at all?" She asked curiously. I knew it wouldn't be long before she asked.

The Girl Next Door. (Harry Styles)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें