Chapter 24.

Harry's POV

I felt like an absolute wreck, it felt like my world was crashing down around me. Carlota's words stung so deep, I don't know whether she meant what she said last night or if it was because she was angry. I needed to speak to her but to my astonishment she wasn't at work. She always seems to work, had I really hurt her that much? I felt incredibly guilty but I didn't know what to do, I couldn't visit her, she wouldn't want to hear me out, I could easily find out what she lived but I'm sure if I turned up at her doorstep she'll slam the door back in my face. It just occurred to me, she won't speak to me but that doesn't mean she won't speak to one of the others.

Carlota's POV

"Liam?" I questioned, I was puzzled to see him at my front door, and how did he know where I lived and what the heck was he doing here?

"Uh, hello. Do you mind if I come inside?" He asked timidly.

"Yeah, okay." I said, I was in no mood to argue or stand my ground. He had probably come over to talk but all I wanted to do was sleep. I followed him into the living room and lay back down on the sofa where I originally was.

"How are you feeling?" He asked sorrowfully.

"Honestly I feel awful, the room feels like it's spinning." I said covering my eyes to try and stop the dizziness.

"Is it just a virus or something?" He questioned.

"I guess so, I don't really care, I just want to get better. Is it me or is it like a sauna in here?" I asked while opening a window.

"It's actually pretty cold if I'm honest."

"Liam, what are you doing here?" I asked, tired of the pointless conversing.

"Well, um. Harry-"

"He sent you here didn't here?" He nodded in response. "Doesn't even have the guts to come here himself."

"You would have slammed the door in his face." He responded.

"Most likely."

"You should hear him out."

"What else does he have to say?"

"You know, he didn't mean to shut you out, he didn't know what else to do, he was afraid to tell you, he didn't want to see you hurt."

"But he did hurt me, a lot."

"But by shutting you out he didn't have to see you."

"I just wish someone had the guts to tell me."

"Me too, I don't know why I didn't. I feel stupid that I didn't. I'm really sorry."

"It's fine Liam, don't stress, I know he's your best friend and it's like 'guy code'."

"It's not fine, what we did was unforgiveable."

"I forgive you, don't worry Liam, I'm not going to hold a grudge."

"So you'll still be our friend?"

"I don't see why not."

"What about Harry?"

"What about him?"

"Are you going to forgive him too?"

"I, I don't know." I admitted, I wanted to but I also felt extremely angry at him right now.

"Talk to him, hear him out."

"I don't know, it hurts me just to mention his name, let alone be in the same room."

"If you talk to him that could change."

"It could also make things worse and I don't know what he could possibly say to make the situation any better. Sorry isn't going to make me forget everything, it'll still be there in the back of mind."