[26]

I hummed to myself as I made my way to Sasuke's room. I carried a book with me to read while Sasuke rested. "Morning-" I stopped when I noticed Sakura was by his side peeling an apple. I slightly frowned, knitting my eyebrows. Come on Shiori, this isn't the time for this.. "Sakura, you're awfully early.."

"Hey Shiori. I just wanted to stop by for a bit so.." She flushed, her eyes landing on my book. "Oh, what book are you reading?"

"This? It's a medical book."

"I didn't know you were interested in that."

"Well to be honest, I've always wanted to get into this because my Mom was a medical ninja and well I'm Tsunade's apprentice..." I glanced over at Sasuke whom looked like he was in a daze, staring down at the bed. He's so serious.. I wonder what he's thinking about. 

"There, I finished. I even cut them into small pieces so it's easier to eat. Here,"Sakura smiled as she offered the plate to Sasuke. He simply glared at her before slapping the plate out of her hand. She cried out in surprise. Before I opened my mouth to say anything, Naruto popped his head into the room.

"Hey Shiori!" His eyes immediately fell to the ground, spotting the broken plate and apple pieces scattered around. "What's going on...?" Sasuke's expression darkened as he sent Naruto a glare. What.. "Hey, what's with that look? You don't have to glare at me."

"Naruto,"Sasuke finally spoke up. "I want you to fight me. Fight me now."

"What?!"I exclaimed. "No way!!"I shouted as I moved close to his face. "Are you crazy?! You're still recovering from your-" He cut me off angrily.

"Shut up! Don't get involved!" He turned his attention back to Naruto. "I said fight me!" He activated his sharingan in a menacing way. "Do you really think you saved me? I don't care if she's the fifth hokage.. You shouldn't have gotten her involved in this!" Sasuke pulled the sheets off and attempted to get out of bed but I quickly tried to hold him down. "Get off me!" 

"No! You can't fight in your state! You shouldn't! You need to calm down!"I argued but he pushed me off and I landed right on my butt. "Oww.." 

"You wanted to fight me right? Well now's your chance unless.."Sasuke crept a smirk. .."You've chickened out?" 

"Hey!"Sakura inserted. "Sasuke, don't do this! Naruto, say something!" 

"Actually, this is perfect." What. I stared at him in disbelief. Are you kidding me. "I was just thinking about how I wanted to kick your butt!" After a brief silence, Sasuke cocked his head to the side.

"Follow me." Sasuke walked out of the room and Naruto followed. Angrily, I took ahold of his arm tightly.

"Naruto, you better not!"I warned in a serious tone. Naruto roughly pulled his arm away from me and continued going up some stairs. I frantically followed them along with Sakura. Once we made it to the top, I noticed Naruto was trembling; not in fear but in excitement. 

"What's so funny?"Sasuke huffed. 

"I'm not laughing cause it's funny. I'm just psyched cause I know today is the day when I finally beat you!"

"What did you say?"demanded Sasuke. "Don't talk nonsense you inept loser!"

"I won't be such a loser after I win, will I?"Naruto retorted. 

"An idiot like you has no business acting all high and mighty!" Sasuke continued through clenched teeth. 

"Ha! What happened to the calm and controlled Sasuke?!" Naruto mocked. "Am I making you nervous? It looks like you picked a fight with me and now you're too scared to go through with it! Is that it?"