[5]

I sat cross legged next to Dad, waiting for him to wake up as he laid down on a bed in Tazuna's house. After a while, he finally opened up his eyes and looked over at me.

"Waking up huh?"Tsunami said, standing with her hands on her hips. "Are you alright?"

"I've been better. It'll be a week before I can move normally."

"It's better if you don't move. Just lay down."

"Right." I looked at him with concern.

Dad, why do you always over do it?

Soon, everyone walked in and either sat down or stood by. "Listen Sensei," Sakura began. "Your Sharingan is amazing and everything but if it puts that much strain on you, maybe it's not worth it."

"Sakura, should you really be scolding?" I muttered.

"We'll be safe for a while."

"Right but you know that boy in the mask, what about him?" Sakura continued to question.

"He's from the elite tracking unit from the village hidden in the mist. Those masks are only worn by the most elite Shinobi." Dad replied.

"What exactly do they do?"

"The ANBU Black Ops also known as the Infernal Squad, destroy all traces of a rogue ninja's corpse. The Shinobi's body contains many secrets, ninjutsu, chakra. These are the secrets of his village. If his enemies find him, his village will be in grave danger. For example. if Dad was to die by the hands of an enemy, he'll try to analyze his Sharingan. In the worse case, his entire jutsu could be stolen and used against our home village. It is the sacred duty of the tracker to prevent this and keep the village's secrets safe. If a ninja betrays his village, trackers hunt him down and eliminate him and obliterate any trace of his existence. That's their specialty." I answered.

"Wow, you're so smart Shiori." Naruto gaped. "You know everything." I smiled at him. You only say that because you barely know a thing.. I noticed how Dad began to look uneasy. "Something wrong, Sensei?"

"I will finish what I was saying. Tracker Ninja deal with the body quickly so there's no room for error."

"Is that really important?"

"What do you think? Use your head and think about it. Remember what that kid did to Zabuza's body?"

"We don't know what he did. I guess he took it away somewhere."

"Yeah but why? He should of worked on Zabuza on the spot. Did you see the weapons he used?" Dad said.

"They were throwing needles." Sasuke answered. He then thought for a moment. His eyes widened when he hit realization. "...No way."

"Exactly..none of it adds up."

"What are you jabbering about? You demolished that assassin." Tazuna said.

"Here's the truth...Zabuza's still alive..."

Tazuna's, Sakura's and Naruto's mouths dropped open.

"But we saw his body, believe it!"

"Kakashi-Sensei, you checked him yourself that his heart stopped!" Sakura said.

"His heart did stop but that was a temporally state to simulate death."

"The weapons that the tracker used are called Senbon. They can pierce deeply but rarely kill unless they hit a vital organ..." I explained. "..Not in the neck. They are modified for needles used in medical treatments like acupuncture. Trackers are trained to know every detail of the human body, causing the heart to stop temporally while keeping the body alive is a easy matter for them. First..the boy used senbon which have a precise effect but are rarely fatal. Then, he carried the body away. From these factors, we can conclude that the tracker wasn't trying to destroy Zabuza, he was trying to save him. Right, Dad?"