[2]

I headed to the training fields early. Dad didn't head there yet so it was just me. Once I arrived, I found Naruto and Sakura half-asleep . "Good morning!"I greeted cheerfully.

"Morninggg." They yawned.

What a greeting. They look practically dead while Sasuke looks the same as any other day.

"You guys look dead."I stated. "If you're wondering about Dad, I'm sure he'll come soon but not soon enough. He likes to take his time. Might take a while actually."

Sighing, we all waited. Naruto and Sakura sat on the ground, probably too lazy to stand unlike Sasuke who stood with his arms crossed. "Well look who finally made it.."

Dad walked over to us, smiling.

"Morning everyone. Ready for your first day?" He asked.

"Hey, you're late!"Sakura and Naruto shouted, pointing a finger at him.

"Well, a black cat crossed my path so I had to take the long way,"

"Yeah right." I said while Naruto lowly growled.

"Well," Dad coughed. "Let's get started." He placed a timer on a post. "Here we go, it's set for noon." He then took out three bells. "Your assignment is very simple. You just have to take these bells from me. That's all there is to it." It sounds easy but it isn't. "If you can't get them by noon, you'll go without lunch. You'll be tied to posts and you'll watch as I eat lunch in front of you." I heard their stomachs rumbling in hunger.

"Wait a minute! There's four of us! How come there's only 3 bells?"

Dad gave them a closed eyed smile.

"Only three of you will get one so one of tied to that stump. The one who doesn't get it will fail and they will be sent back to the academy. You can use shurikens and kunai. You won't succeed unless you come at me with a killing intent."

"But those weapons are too dangerous, Sensei!"Sakura objected. He's a skilled jonin, a couple of genin won't be able to hurt him with weapons like that. Naruto suddenly broke out in laughter.

"Especially since you couldn't dodge that eraser!"

"Class clowns are usually the weakest links. You can safely ignore them, lowest scores, losers." I held back laughs. "When I say start, you may begin." Naruto growled and from his holster, he pulled out a kunai. He went towards him.

"Idiot."I muttered under my breath. Dad was too fast and made it so he would be the one pointing the kunai to the back of his head.

"Don't be in such a hurry. I didn't say start yet. But you came at me with the full intention of destroying me so..how can I say this? I'm actually starting to like you guys. Get ready. And....start!" We scattered in different directions unlike Naruto who was out in the open.

How much of an idiot is he? Does he want to fail?

"You and me, right now, fair and square! Let's go! Come and fight me!" I sweat dropped.

Seriously, he's dumb. Dad is an elite ninja and not to mention use to be in the ANBU black ops.

"You know,compared to the others, you're a little bit weird." I laughed a little. A little? Understatement but hey everyone is weird in one way or another.

"Oh yeah?! The only thing weird here is your hair cut!" What? Dad's hair is awesome! It defies gravity! Naruto then went charging at Dad. He put his hand on his weapon's pouch.

Is he going to use a weapon?

"Shinobi battle techniques, part 1; taijutsu, the physical part." Did he say taijutsu? That's hand to hand combat. From his pouch he took out Icha Icha Paradise?! I almost anime fell. I HATE that book! He started to read it. Dad! Why are you like this? "What are you waiting for? Make your move."