[18]

Votes are appreciated ;-; and I would to hear your thoughts so please comment

Shikamaru laid on his back while I kept giggling at him. This dope sure is taking a long time to get up. I looked over at Temari. "What is it?"Temari asked him. "You planning on giving up too?"

"Come on Shikamaru! Get off your ass and fight her!"I shouted. "Don't just stand there! You got legs and a brain, use them to beat her!"

"Jeez, thanks for the motivation.."he muttered.

"If you won't move, I will!" Temari charged at Shikamaru. He moved out of the way and she swung her fan but he was gone. She blew it again causing a strong gust of wind. Shikamaru shot out his shadow possession jutsu but she was able to move away quick enough. "Almost got me. Aren't you clever? With that shadow possession jutsu of yours, you can manipulate any shadow like the wall shadow. There's a limit, isn't there? No use in hiding! You can't hide forever! Come out coward!"

"Coward.. I'm not sure about that," I said while resting my chin on the palm of my hand and leaning against the railing. "But I'm sure he's got a plan, right Naruto?"

"This is Shikamaru we're talking about.." Shikamaru tried his jutsu on her again and got closer to her.

"Now I see what you've been up to. You weren't just hiding, you were killing time, waiting for the sun to get lower so the shadow could get longer,"Temari concluded. Over her head, Shikamaru's jacket with a kunai flew, casting a shadow. So that's his plan?

"I got you!" His jacket fell to the ground and Temari stopped moving. The shadow went through a hope in the ground so it was able to reach Temari. Shikamaru rose his hand, making her do the same. "To hell with it...I give up." EHHH?!? What..what.

"What the hell?!"I questioned. "He quit? But..He could of won.. There's must be a good reason for forfeiting.."

"I've used up all my chakra on that shadow possession jutsu," Ahh..that's why. If he kept going, he would still lose. "I'm good for another ten seconds, that's it. Bummer..And here I am already planning out the next two hundred moved in my head but my chakra is running low. Anyway, if I was just to win this thing, it would just mean more work,"he explained.

"Typical,"I sweat dropped as they announced Temari the winner. . "That's the real reason he quit," Though he might not he physically strong, he has a great mind for strategy.

"What the heck was that, forfeiting the match when you had it won?!"Naruto yelled as he jumped down.

"Hey, Naruto!"I called after him. I hoped over the railing. Naruto already was scolding Shikamaru.

"Who are you calling an idiot?"he  inquired as he stretched. I gave him a bored look. His laziness always gets the best of him, doesn't it?

"Why'd you give up? Are you really that lazy?!"

"It's over. Let's just forget it, okay?"

"Are you kidding? No, it's not okay! You-" I placed my hand over his mouth.

"That's enough with your scolding,"I muttered. "There's no point now in telling him that. It's too late."

"What she said,"Shikamaru said. "Besides, did you forget there's another match? It's Sasuke's." I felt myself perk up. "You seem excited to hear his name, eh Shiori?" 

"H-Huh? What are you talking about?"I said blushing and looking away. "Why would I get excited over his name?" I tried to cover my red face.

"Yeah. Whatever,"