Chapter eight: Mine

I opened my eyes looking down at Luke's arm around my waist. I smiled then looked up at him.

"You're staring." He whispered.

"I." He cute me off by opening  his eyes. The slightest thing cut me off. His eyes looked even more perfect right when he woke up.

"You didn't have to let me stay here." I say after moments of silence.

"I wanted you to stay." He said sitting up on his elbow.

"I want to take you out today." He said abruptly.

"Where?" I asked pushing strands of my hair out of my face.

"You'll see." He smiled lazily.

"Luke?" I asked. He locked his eyes with mine.

"Thank you. For letting me stay." I said shyly. In an instance I could feel my rebellious side shifting away.

"Wouldn't have wanted it another way. Also you broke Lex nose." He laughed.

"I shouldn't have punched her." I said covering my face with my hands. Luke grabbed my wrists pulling my hands away from my face. He leaned in and I thought this was it.

"Luke Anthony Mark Brooks!" Jai yelled. I laid back onto the pillows and smiled at Jai.

"Luke and Liv, I was wondering when you'd get together?" Jai teased.

"We aren't together." Luke and I said in unison.

"Mhm. See you two." Jai said closing Luke's door.

"That was interesting." I laughed. I got out of Luke's bed looking into the mirror.

"Fuck." I whined trying to manage my hair.

"What's wrong?" Luke asked standing next to me.

"I look like I slept behind a dumpster." I laughed.

"I don't see it. I think you look cute when you wake up." He smiled.

"Such a flirt." I teased, turning to face him.

"You should probably sneak back to your aunts. It's almost eleven." He nodded to the clock.

"Yeah, um I'll see you at twelve thirty?" I asked.

"See you then, baby cakes." He smirked. I rolled my eyes walking downstairs.

I found my shoes and sprinted across the lawn and up to my window. I climbed in, changing into pajamas. I walked downstairs and say at the table.

"Where've you been?" My aunt questioned.

"I got home at eleven. I met some girls and we hung out." I shrugged, technically not a lie.

"Oh I see. Well what are your plans today?" She asked.

"Luke is taking me somewhere." I smiled of the thought of him.

"If he really makes you happy, then it's okay." She sighed.

"I know he seems bad, but he's a good guy. Just give him a chance?" I asked. She nodded, smiling.

"So it's a date?" She asked.

"I don't know." I blushed.

"It's a date!" She smiled. "Sorry I never had a girl." She laughed.

For the first time in a long time, I was getting along with my aunt and I didn't have a building hatred against her.

She grabbed my hand and raced me upstairs, claiming she was going to pamper me.