Chapter eighteen: Myself

Two weeks. Two weeks that Olivia hasn't left her room. Two weeks that she refused to let anyone in. Two weeks of hearing her screams at night, but not being able to protect her.

If I would've just kept it a secret, she'd still be happy. Well as happy as she was.

"Luke?" Jai knocks on my door. I look up as he steps in.

"I made a sandwich for, Liv, if you want to go bring it to her." He smiles sympathetically. I nod and grab the plate, walking down to her room.

"Baby?" I sigh, "I brought you some lunch."

"I'm not hungry." She says.

"You need to eat, you didn't eat yesterday." I lean my head against the door.

"I said I'm not hungry." Her voice shakes, she's going to cry.

"Please." I beg.

"No." She yells and I here her slump down onto the other side of the door.

I slide my body down and set the plate on the ground next to me.

"How are you feeling today?" I ask, wanting the truth.

"Fine." She lies.

"Baby, please talk to me." I just want her to tell me what's going on in that beautiful mind of hers.

"I, I. It hurts too much to talk, Luke." She sobs.

"Will you listen? Yeah?" I ask, finally getting through.

"Yeah." She sighs. I hear her breathing calm down and I want nothing more than to hold her.

"I'm real. This is real. Me and you, this house. Jai, Beau, James, and Skip. We are real. I know that you feel that your world has completely shattered, but." I pause.

"But?" She croaks.

"I can be your world. We can start over, baby. You and me. Luke and Olivia. I want you to want this new world as badly as I do. Leave behind the bad and I'll be the good. We can be the good." I try to tell her how I feel.

"The good." I hear her repeat.

"But, I just. I can't just forget, Luke, I, I still have the memories." I know she's crying.

"And that means you're human. You don't have to forget, you just need to keep going. I will help you and I'll love you unconditionally. Forever." I hear her stand up and so I follow. She opens her door for the first time in two weeks.

She looks up at me with her bloodshot eyes, but they're still her eyes. Her hair is tangled and the purple is faded, but it's still her hair. Her lips looked chapped from sobbing, but they're still her lips.

"I love you, Luke. So much." She whispers. I wrap my arms around her waist as she wraps hers around my neck. I pick her up and she wraps her legs around my hips.

"I'm real." I remind her and I feel her nod into my neck and I pull her impossibly close.

Olivia's pov:

Everything was fake, but Luke. Luke was, is real. He's here and I'm here. That's all I need. Him and I.

"Luke?" I ask.

"Yes?" He looks at me. His hair is damp from showering and his curls are sprung to perfection.

"Can I ask you something? About her?" He knows who I'm referring to.

Once he nods I continue. "Who is she?" I ask.

"Are you sure you want to know?" He asks. I truthfully didn't know if I did.