Chapter twenty four: Drunk

I sat on the cold metal bench behind the metal bars in the small jail cell in the police station.

"So why are you here princess?" A tan boy, probably in his early twenties, asks.

"It's Liv, by the way." I glance sideways at him.

"Chase." He puts his hands up in surrender. "So what'd you do?" He smirks.

"I don't like when people mess with what's mine." I say, moving my body to look at him.

"Girl fight?" He throws his head back, laughing.

"Wasn't much of a fight, the bitch let me slam her head into the concrete." I roll my eyes.

"I'd pay to see that, Liv." He winks.

"What about you?" I ask, leaning my head into my hand.

"My mates and I were higher than kites and it all went downhill from there." He laughs.

"Parker, come one." The blonde officer says unlocking the cell doors.

"See ya, Chase." I wave and he nods his head. I follow the man to the lobby. I expect to see Luke, arms crossed, staring me down.

"Olivia!" I hear Jai. I look up and frown. Luke didn't come. "Come on, let's go." Jai whispers while he throws his arm over my shoulders.

He guides me to the car and opened my door for me while I get in. Once he's in, he drives away from the police station.

"Where are we going?" I ask as we pass our street.

"Um just not home okay?" He smiles awkwardly, I'm not quite sure why he's being like this, but I push it aside anyways.

I lean my head in the window and glance at the clock, one in the morning. Jai stops the car and I look up at the bar and restaurant. I smile and follow Jai in.

"Just the two of you?" The man asks us and Jai nods. We follow him to a table and he lays down the menus, telling us our waiter will be here soon.

"Why here, why not home?" I ask. He bites his bottom lip and picks up the menu.

"Jai!" I say and pull away his menu.

"LukeandSummerarehavingsexandIdon'twantyoutobethere." He says in one breath and I feel my heart stop. You will not be that weak girl again. I won't.

"What can I get you two to drink?" The waiter asks.

"Beer, tall. Thanks." I say.

"I'll have what she's having." Jai smiles, weakly.

"We can stay at a hotel or we can go back to my mums, whatever you want." I can tell he's nervous.

"Jai, don't worry about me. I am just fine." I smirk as the waiter places our drinks on the table and I lift mine in between us.

"To the asshole I fell in love with." I toast.

"And to the girl I thought liked me as much as I liked her." Jai toasts and clinks our glasses together.

***

"You know, I wish I would've fell in love with you." I slurred, looking at Jai. I knew we were drunk, two drunks. sitting on a park bench at four in the morning.

"I wish that too. You know I had a crush on you when we first met. Then you fell into that coma and Luke was with you everyday, I knew you'd want him." He shrugs, tipping the nearly empty bottle of vodka down his throat.

"I should've chose you." I grip the bottle and take a sip. I look up at Jai and smile.

"Can I kiss you?" He asks and I nod. He takes the bottle from my hand and sets it in the grass.

He places his hands on my jaw and leans into my lips, kissing me, gently at first. But I don't want gently. I take charge and kiss him back roughly. He slips his tongue in my mouth, moving his left hand to my hip, pulling me on his lip. What about Luke? He fucked Summer.

"Fuck, Liv," Jai groans as I rock my hips into him. "Let's go back to the car." He looks in my eyes and I smirk. I grab his hand and stumble back to the car. Jai opens the back door, lifting me in and following me in and shuts the door.

He continues kissing down my neck and I bite my bottom lip.

***

I wake up to the sun in my eyes, in the backseat of Jai's car?

"What the hell?" I yell looking at my naked body next to Jai's naked body. He groans and rolls over.

"Shh." He whispers, my head is throbbing. I grab my clothes and quickly change, throwing myself into the drivers seat.

Fuck the keys. I grab Jai's pants and grab them out of the pocket. I sorta the car and drive back home. Jai sits up and I hear him gasp.

"We had sex." He laughs. "God, we got so drunk." He says as I hear him zip his jeans up.

"Jai, don't you get it? We had sex, in your car!" I yell. Yelling hurts.

"Not so loud. Hey, just a drunken mistake, Liv. No worries." He shrugs, climbing into the passenger seat, fully clothed, I park in the driveway and glance over at him.

"Shake on it?" I lift my hand and he shakes my hand. We walk inside and I instantly regret it.

I hear Luke's moans along with a girls.

"Um hey, Liv, hey let's go outside!" Beau laughs.

"No." I push him and Jai and race to his room. I swing open the door and my jaw drops. Summer is fucking Luke. Luke is fucking Summer.

"Fuck you too, Luke!" I yell. He pushes her off of him and looks at me.

"Babe, it's not what it looks like." His eyes filled with guilt.

"Oh but it's exactly what it looks like! You know what it doesn't matter because I had fucking drunk car send with your brother!" I yell and Luke grits his teeth.

"Perfect! I had the best sex ever with the person you hate and we were both sober!" He smirks.

"Here's your stupid fucking ring!" I yell slipping it off my finger. "Not like I fucking need it!" Tears prick my eyes as I throw it to him. He picks it up and looks at me.

"Liv," he starts, but I shut his door and run downstairs to my room.

I slam my door and slide down the other side and son into my hands. My phone begins to ring and I grab it, no caller ID.

"H-Hello?" I say.

"Olivia?" A girl asks. "It's me, Sami, do you remember me?" She asks.

"Yeah, from California, right?"

"Yeah. Where do you live? I need somewhere to stay and I have a lot to explain to you." She sighs.

"I moved to Melbourne, with L-the boys." I stop myself from saying his name.

"Like Australia?" She gasps.

"Yeah."

"I'm dying there, I'll call you later when I book a flight." I hear her open a car door.

"Wait; what? Is it that urgent?" I ask.

"Believe me, you're going to want to hear this." She laughs. She ends the call and I'm more than confused. It's just the beginning.

A/N
This is a really emotional chapter:(

Well the next chapters are going to be crazyyyyyyyyyyy

Xo, Cass:)

Vote and comment!:)