Chapter ten: Too good to be true

My eyes peeled open and blinked rapidly trying to get used to the bright light. Where am I?

"Olivia!" I heard someone yell. I looked around the room. Why am I at the hospital?

"Olivia." Luke breathed looking down at me.

"Why am I here?" I gasped, sitting up.

Hey, hey, hey. Slow down." He said laying me back down.

"Luke, what's going on?" I cried.

"You've been in a coma for the past month and a half." He sighed. What? That means Luke is not mine.

"Liv?" He asked. All I could feel was shock. I didn't understand what was happening.

"Where's my family?" I looked at him.

"They, shit. I should get the doctor." He said hitting a button on a remote next to me. Seconds later a doctor came in.

"You're awake!" He smiled warmly.

"What is going on?" I yelled.

"Miss. Parker, please calm down." He said sitting down and typing on his computer. I looked up and Luke and he gave me a small smile. I can't believe I dreamt that he was mine and I was his. I can't believe I thought we were in love.

"The night you went to that party with Mr. Brooks and you fell into the water. Well you drowned, yes?" He said and I nodded, I do remember being pushed into the water and not being able to come back to the surface.

"Well you weren't okay. Mr. Brooks thought you were about to come up, but you weren't. If he didn't jump in for you the second he did, you wouldn't be here. It's a miracle." The doctor smiled.

"I'm going to let you to talk and figure everything out, I'll be back tomorrow morning." He said and left the room.

"So, my family?" I asked again.

"I didn't want to be the one to tell you. They said you can't go back to them. Your mom told your aunt to go get your things and find somewhere to go." He said sincerely. I felt the tears pricking my eyes, but I'm quick to wipe them away.

"I want you to come with me." He nodded. You don't love him and he doesn't love you, he's being polite. My conscious reminds me.

"Luke, you leave next door, that's not much different." I shook my head.

"I'm moving back to Australia with my brothers, James, and Daniel." He added.

"Australia?" I practically yelled.

"You want me to move halfway across the world with you, I barely know you!" Well I thought I knew you.

"I know it's crazy, but where else are you gonna go?" He said. He did have a point. But this is the man I thought I was in a relationship with, I thought I loved him. Key word, loved. Thanks.

But oddly I found myself agreeing as I nodded my head.

"Great, my mum will be excited to get to know you." He smiled.

***

Finally after another three days the hospital released me. Luke and I were driving to my aunts to get my things.

"Don't be nervous, I'll come with you?" He offered.

"No it's fine. I'll head over to yours when I'm done." I said. He nodded and pulled into his driveway.

"Thank you." Meaning more than the drive home. He nodded and shut his door. I walked to my aunts and opened the door.

"Get your things." My aunt said disappointedly. That's exactly what I did.