PROLOGUE

The doors of the medical centre burst open with a frazzled General Hux, his bright auburn hair disheveled and falling over his forehead, drenched in sweat. He rushed to the front desk and griped the edge for dear life, his knuckles white from the evident stress that is displayed on his face and even more so in his voice.

"I need a team of medics! Now!" He demands

"All nurses have left in the evacuation, I'm the only one left" Luna responds calmly.

Hux ran a gloved hand through his hair.

"Fine, fine, fine." he rushes, "Are all patients evacuated?"

"Yes, sir"

"Come with me" he orders and runs quickly with Luna close behind him carrying the mandatory medical supplies as he led them to a transport.

"Where are we going?" she queries.

"No time to explain, prepare yourself"

They speed through the forest, dodging flying debris caused by the imminent collapse of the planet - of Starkiller base. The transport stops and General Hux is already out of the vehicle with Luna close behind. She spots a dark figure laying face down in the snow. She overtakes Hux and reaches the figure first.

"You must be careful, his injuries are severe, but please hurry - we need to leave before the planet implodes" General Hux urges.

Luna nods and does a quick assessment of the figure. Blood is dripping from his side, the crimson colour contrasting on the white snow. He is going to need more medical treatment then what she can give him now.

"He needs more medical attention, I haven't got sufficient supplies with me in this little pack, we'll need to place him on a stretcher and get him to one of the cruisers, their facilities will suffice."

Hux groans and rushes back to the transport to retrieve the stretcher. Luna gently grabs his shoulder, feels warm liquid on her hand, wincing, she moves him onto his back as gentle as possible, his face is revealed, with a ghastly gash emitting from one side of his face, crossing of the bridge of his nose and ending on his cheek.

Hux returns with a stretcher and the two work together get him on before moving him on the ship and leaving the system swiftly before the planet explodes.

~*~

Hux sends a distress call to the nearest cruiser whilst Luna cleaned what she could of his wounds. The wound on his torso was unreachable due to his black robes which were stained with blood.

Luna knew who he was. She wanted to removed them so she could tend to the wound but she didn't want to without a clearance. Instead, she tried to stop the bleeding.

They arrived at the cruiser where Luna was able to transfer him to the medical centre. Hux hadn't called for medics to assist which was typical given the circumstances. She and Hux followed a Mouse droid to the medical centre, her sole goal was to make sure he was taken care off.

"I need to talk with the doctors and nurses on the situation, is he ok to wait a few moments?"

"Yes, but please hurry, he'll need surgery"

General Hux moved ahead and went into the medical centre before her, informing the doctors and nurses of the situation before waving her in. Doctors and nurses surrounded the stretcher, assessing and asking Luna questions. She answered obediently.

Hux allowed for only a select few to go into the operating room, which included Luna. The surgery was straightforward and happened efficiently.

Luna came out before the others to inform Hux of his condition.

"He is fine, he'll need to stay in the medical centre and recuperate."

"For how long?"

"It's hard to tell, it could be anywhere between one week or one month"

Hux nodded. He stepped closer to Luna, the proxemics with someone so intimidating and in such high power making her nervous.

"When he is recuperating, I have discussed with the powers that be that from this moment on, you and only you will be able to attend to Lord Ren"

Luna stared at him. Hux continued;

"Due to his lack of mask which is mandatory he wear, it is important that a limited amount of people see him unmasked as it could influence loyalty and provoke question. The purpose of his identity to be concealed is so that he is perceived as someone who is influential and powerful and his anonymity must be keep in order to maintain this. Therefore, you will be the only person permitted to attend to him unless a situation occurs. Is that clear?"

Luna nodded obediently. This responsibility is to be taken seriously.

"What about the people who operated on him? And the people who saw him when we came in?"

"They were not informed of his identity. You will need to fill out and sign a document to ensure you do not breach requirements. Follow me."

~*~

Not long after, Lord Ren is transferred into a private room where he is to recuperate. Luna had to transfer him herself, without an orderly to assist in pushing the now heavy bed.

She enters the room, pushing the bed ahead of her. She closes the door and draws the blinds of the window that was open to the corridor shut. She moved the bed with some difficulty into its place, then proceeded to hook up Ren into the required means; drip, electrocardiograph, nasal cannula. When Luna was done, she moved back and looked at him properly for the first time since seeing him.

His eyes, closed gently, had long dark lashes. His nose, now with the clear cannula protruding out of it, was larger than average but was in proportion with his face. His lips were cracked and a pale pink. Freckles and beauty spots littered his cheeks and face. His large gash, now covered in bandages and hiding the glistening colour of flesh and blood prevented Luna from admiring his true beauty.

Luna made sure he was comfortable before finishing and not sure what do. So she waited.