II

Luna made her way to the front desk's phone, dialled the number that would eventually get her to General Hux.

"General Hux's quarters, how am I able to assist you" the secretary spoke almost too cheery.

"This is Nurse Luna, I want to-"

"Please hold" the secretary her cut off, there was the sound of tapping on a keyboard before she heard the General's voice through the speaker.

"Luna, what news do you have on Ren" his authoritative tone dripping through, making Luna nervous.

"Lord Ren has awoken. He is in a stable condition, he is currently resting. He is still very weak" Luna spoke, trying to control the wavering of her voice.

"Very good. I will give him a day or two to build up his strength before I come and see him and debrief him on what he has missed whilst he was indisposed," Hux barked into the phone, but Luna could hear the relief in his voice. "In the mean time, keep him as your top priority. Ensure he is recovering well so he can be fully functional as soon as possible."

"Yes, sir" Luna spoke.

"Good day, Luna" he spoke and hung up the phone.

Luna placed the phone back and tightened her ponytail, she was nervous. As to why, she wasn't so sure. She shook her head before going to the medical centres cafeteria to fetch Kylo something to eat.

~*~

Luna balanced the tray so she was able to swipe her key card to enter the room again, she pushed the door open slightly to see Kylo's eyes still closed, the steady beep of the electrocardiograph filled the room. She closed the door behind her softly, to prevent him from waking. He needed to rest. She went to the other side of the room to place the tray on the overbed table. The sound of the stainless steel hitting the linoleum created a sound that startled Luna. She cursed herself for being so careless.

"Luna?"

Her head whipped around to see Kylo; his head lifted slightly, eyes peering at her quizzically. She forced a nervous tight lipped smile.

"Sorry to wake you, I should've been more careful"

"No, it's ok"

There was silence. Luna suddenly remembered why she was here.

"I brought you some soup, like I said."

She wheeled the overbed table over, before pressing a switch on the bed to move it up higher so he would be comfortable eating.

"Thank you." His voice was still hoarse.

Kylo lifted his arm to pick up the spoon, he placed it in the soup before scooping carefully and brought it up to his mouth, but he was still weak, he dropped the spoon and the soup spilt on his scrubs. He cursed.

"It's ok, Lord Ren." Luna said, using a napkin to mop of the spill.

"I feel so useless." Kylo spoke, a slight humour to his voice.

"It is be expected Lord Ren, you are still recovering and only woke several hours ago, just give it time, you'll see, you'll be back to work in no time." Luna said, surprising herself with positivity.

She grabbed the spoon and pressed it down on the soup so the liquid moved onto the spoon from the sides. She blew on it to cool it then placed her hand below it as she moved it to Kylo's lips. He consumed it eagerly before screwing up his face in disgust and gagging slightly. Luna stifled a giggle.

"What is that?" Kylo asked, trying to clean his tongue.

"It's supposed be chicken noodle soup." Luna said, grinning.

"I think crappy unflavoured chicken noodle soup is more accurate"

Luna laughed. "Do you want more?"

"I guess, I'm really hungry"

Luna smiled and fed him more crappy unflavoured chicken noodle soup until the stainless steel bowl was empty.

"I can't believe I ate that."

Luna laughed again. She didn't think the barbarous Knight of Ren would be making her laugh.

"I like when you laugh." Kylo spoke, sitting back.

Luna stopped, "You're very tired, Lord Ren. Perhaps you should get some more rest."

"Stop calling me that"

"What?"

"Lord Ren"

"Why?"

"I don't like it"

"Ok, what would you like me to call you instead?"

"Kylo. Just Kylo."

"Ok, Just Kylo"

Kylo laughed, despite the extremely lame attempt at humor. It was a deep sound. A sound that made you look up and want to know the source. The kind that was so unique that you felt drawn to that person, to know more about them. The sound was hoarse, partly because he was still recovering but part of Luna thought it was also because he hadn't laughed in a while. Luna's thoughts were broken when she remembered her conversation with General Hux.

"I spoke with General Hux, he was pleased that you're on your way to recovery, he will visit you in the next few days to fill you in on what you have missed whilst you have been indisposed"

Kylo's face hardened slightly, all humor in the room sliding away. He nodded.

Luna felt awkward. She shifted from foot to foot, unsure of what to do next.

"Are you in any pain at all?" she asked.

"A little."

Luna made her way to the cupboard to fish out some medication. She filled a cup with water and made her way to Kylo with the two pills and the stainless steel cup; handing them to Kylo. He took it silently. Luna was stuck again. She moved to collect the tray.

"I'll be back later to check  and record your condition and vitals." she says as she returns the overbed table to it's former position and exiting the room without another word.