XXVIII

Kylo had lost track of how long it had been since he'd been on his own. He'd searched every civilised system he knew of but there was no sign of Luna anywhere. He was getting worried and he had begun to lose hope. He had begun to wonder if he'd ever find them, if he'd ever be reunited with Luna and meet his child.

He sat at the docking bay on the planet he couldn't remember the name of. He'd been to so many in the past couple of months that all the names blended together and he couldn't work out what was what.

He'd changed a lot. Physically, he hadn't shaved and his hair was longer than it had ever been and tied back with some string. He felt a bit thinner, but he'd been eating less due to having a limited amount of money. Emotionally, he was exhausted, but he felt more in tune with the Light Side of the Force which allowed him to feel more – more feelings than anger. Now, he searched his feelings and had let go of his hate. It was nice.

Kylo watched everyone walk by him, he liked blending in. No one had recognised him. But he had heard and seen reports of him, ordering to be killed if encountered. It hadn't happened yet, but if it did, Kylo knew he would have no problem in defending himself.

"Attention, the transport to Corellia, departing at 07:45 is cancelled. This vessel will be leaving tomorrow morning at 08:19. Tickets will still be valid. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Kylo groaned and stood up and begun to walk out of the bay to find accommodation for the night when his eyes land on a pair of familiar figures in the crowd. He stops and quickly moves behind a pillar near the pair.

He breathed deep and it took all the courage he had to peek around the pillar at the figures. He sucked in a breath. For, in front of him, stood two people he did not expect to see.

His former Master and the Scavenger.

Luke Skywalker and Rey.

He watched them. They were dressed in similar clothes in similar colours. They were talking but Kylo was too far to hear what they were saying. Suddenly he saw Rey cock her head up and frown. Luke grabbed her arm and said something before Rey looked straight at Kylo.

Kylo was frozen as he suddenly forgot how to move. Rey begun to sprint at him with determination and as she was drawing closer he bolted. He was running when he heard a lightsaber ignite, that's when he turned around and blocked Rey's attacked with his own saber. Their roles had reversed since they last fought. Kylo maintained his block as Rey pushed the blade closer to him.

"Rey. Enough." Luke's voice boomed.

"He killed Han." Rey spat.

Kylo faltered as he was reminded of the thing that haunts him the most. He lost his footing and fell, leaving him open. Rey was about to swing when he said something he never thought he'd say;

"Stop! I surrender."

Rey stopped and frowned at him, not understanding why he would surrender.

"Ben?"

"Luke. Uncle. Uncle Luke. Master Skywalker" Kylo fumbled over what he should call the man in front of him. He looked so much older than he remembered.

"Ben. What are you doing here?"

"It's complicated. I've left the order."

"Impossible." Rey said.

"It's true. I've defected. I've denounced the First Order"

Luke looked at his nephew. He could sense that there had been a change. He had not felt Ben like this since before he was seduced by Snoke. He felt like old Ben. But still different. There was a tension that Luke could not explain.

"There is something wrong, isn't there?" Luke spoke.

Kylo looked at his uncle. "I don't know."

"Tell me."

Kylo was hesitant. "There's this girl. Her name is Luna. And I'm in love with her. But I made a mistake. I pushed her away and she's gone. She's pregnant. With my child. Uncle, I love her so much and I realise now who I really am and how important she is. How important the baby is to me. I need to find her. I've spent the last 2 months searching for her but I can't find her. I fear she is lost forever."

Luke looked at him and it all became clear. This girl had changed him. This girl had single-handedly helped him transition from the darkest parts of the Dark Side to the Light Side.

Rey gaped at Kylo, not believing that he could ever love or be loved. But here he was, pining over the woman he loves who bears his child.

Luke gave a small smile. "You have searched. But have you searched?"

Kylo frowned. "What do you mean 'searched'? Of course I've searched, I just told you I spent 2 months searching."

Luke shook his head. "Not physically searched. Have you searched with your mind? Have you used the power of the Force to find the woman you so dearly love?"

Kylo looked at him, he had not. He didn't even know it was possible.

"Indeed, it is possible, Ben. Use the feelings you have for Luna to find her with the Force."

"I don't understand." Kylo said.

"Close your eyes" Luke ordered.

Kylo did.

"Now, isolate the feelings you have for Luna. Use the energy you feel around you to transmit to those feelings and search. The Force surrounds us and binds us all. Feel." Luke coached him as Rey looked on and took note on the technique.

Kylo followed Luke's steps. Feeling his mind and his soul get lost in the Force.

Luna. He called, awaiting an answer. Luna. Luna. Luna. Luna.

Then, suddenly, it came to him.

"The Ileenium System, D'Qar. She's on D'Qar' Kylo spoke with such enthusiasm.

Luke smiled at him. "Well done."

Kylo was ecstatic. He knew where she was. He would see her again. Suddenly, he was filled with doubt. Would she even want to see him? What if she hated him and didn't want him to be part of her life? Or the baby's life?

"What if she doesn't want to see me?" Kylo asked in a small voice.

"It's a risk you have to take. Are you ready for that?" Luke asked.

Kylo thought for a moment. "Yes. I love her. I would risk anything for her. If she doesn't want me, at least I'll have seen her one last time."

Luke and Rey smiled.

"Thank you, Uncle." Kylo said, grateful. As if it weren't for him, he would still be searching.

Luke nodded. "But, it appears we headed that way also." Luke smiled.

Kylo's eyes widened. "You're going home?"

"Yes." Luke laughed.

"I managed to convince him." Rey laughed.

Kylo chuckled too. It had been a while since he found something funny.

"Let's go." Luke said and gestured ahead of them.

Rey walked on ahead of Kylo and was soon followed by Luke. Kylo looked on after them unbelieving of suddenly becoming allies with the two people he wanted to kill most a year ago. He smiled and jogged to catch up.