BONUS CHAPTER II

Ben was standing in his family's quarters and going through some hologram files on the monitor when he heard footsteps bounding into the room. He looked away from the files and saw his son, Jordan running towards him and into his legs, grabbing hold of them.

"Woah! Easy there, Jordan." He said with a laugh as he looked down at his son and ruffled his hair. "What's up?" Ben asked.

"Can you play with me?" Jordan asked with his blue-green eyes wide with hopefulness.

Ben raised his eyebrows. "Why do you want me to play with you?"

"Because!" Jordan exclaimed. "You're so much fun, Daddy! And I need someone who can fly the ship really high."

Ben laughed. "Do you, now?"

"Yes! Please, Daddy." Jordan pleaded.

"Alright, just give me a second." Ben replied. Jordan cheered as Ben closed the holograms down before picking up his son and tickling him, holding him close to his chest as Jordan laughed. Ben threw him over his shoulder and walked into Jordan's room as Jordan giggled and kicked his legs.

"Put me down!" Jordan laughed.

Ben placed him down gently on the ground and that was all Jordan needed to begin running around grabbing various toys with included fabric dolls that were made and given to him by Rey which included pilots and stormtroopers and model x-wing given to him by Poe which Jordan cherished more than anything. Ben sat on the floor and struggled to cross his long legs. He watched his son with a smile on his face, still not believing that he was a father even though it had been 4 years since Jordan had entered the world.

"Okay, Daddy! Let's play!" Jordan cried and they began playing.

They played for hours. Jordan took charge, setting up the dolls on opposing sides and creating a battle sequence with his imagination. Ben would move the dolls and make blaster sounds and Jordan would mimic him. Ben would even lift Jordan onto his shoulders as Jordan held the x-wing and make it fly around the room and blast the dolls. Ben cherished these moments with Jordan, he loved them with all his heart and spending time with his son made his heart warm and an unimaginable happiness spread throughout him.

Ben carried Jordan into the main living room on his shoulders, pretending to be a ship and Jordan was the pilot, wearing one of Poe's old helmets. Ben zoomed around with his arms out like an x-wing and Jordan wrapped his arms around his neck.

"TIE's approaching on the left flank!" Jordan cried and Ben fly around the table and couch as Jordan held on tight. It was then when Luna walked in and saw her husband and her son playing together, and a smile came over her face as she watched them. She placed her bag on the floor by the door.

"What's going on here?" Luna asked with a smile.

"Mummy!" Jordan cried and Ben smiled and moved over towards her, still pretending to be an x-wing. Luna laughed at how silly her husband looked but the sight was so pure and joyful.

"Are you a pilot, Jordan?" Luna asked as she lifted the helmet off his head and placed it on the table before Jordan reached for her and lifted him off Ben's shoulders and gave him a hug.

"Yep! I wanna be a pilot someday Mummy, just like Uncle Poe and Uncle Finn and even Auntie Rey!" Jordan exclaimed excitedly.

"I think you can be whatever you want to be, honey. I'm sure Uncle Poe would be very happy to hear you want to play an x-wing just like him." Luna said and hugged Jordan tightly and looked at Ben, who smiled at her. "Now, I'm going to start making dinner soon so I want you to make sure your room is all clean and all your toys are in the right place before you can watch the broadcast of the pod-races, okay?" Luna said as she put Jordan on the floor.

"Okay!" Jordan cried and ran off into his room, but not before he grabbed his helmet.

Ben and Luna looked on after him and then at each other.

"Hey, babe." Ben said and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey, how was your day?" Luna asked.

"Good, I had fun playing with Jordan. How was yours?" Ben asked and leaned against the table.

"Busy. I had a lot of patients today, after that battle a lot of men were injured. Did you get any closer to finding out a way to infiltrate their defences?" Luna asked as she stood with her arms crossed.

"No, it's getting harder to predict Snoke and Hux's moves. I spent most of the day on the holograph recordings of the battle and trying to correlate it with previous ones but I can't seem to identify a pattern, their activity is very erratic." Ben said, frowning and crossing his arms.

Luna sighed. "Well, I know you'll work it out, you're the best tactical officer slash occasional force user in the resistance." Luna moved to stand between Ben's legs and placed a hand on his arm.

Ben smiled and wrapped his arms around Luna's waist. "Thanks, babe, but I'm not the one saving lives all day." He teased proudly.

Luna laughed. "I guess, but you save others in a different way."

"Mmhmm." Ben said and moved in to kiss his wife. Their lips met and they kissed passionately, Luna held Ben's face in her hands and Ben brought her closer. They pulled away and Luna giggled as Ben buried his head in the crook of her neck.

"I have to start on dinner, can you check that Jordan is cleaning his room and not just playing with his x-wing?" Luna asked as Ben pulled his head back.

"As long as I get some dessert later?" Ben grinned.

Luna smacked his arm with a shocked look on her face before giggling and whispering in his ear; "Of course, babe. I'm always in the mood for dessert."

Ben kissed her again. "You're so cheeky."

Luna shrugged. "What can I say?" She grinned. "Now go, I need to start cooking." She said as she walked away from him, with Ben looking after her, wondering how he got so lucky to have such a beautiful wife and son.

~*~

here's the second bonus chapter, i'm so sorry it took so long to come out but i went away and was having some major writers block but i managed to smash this out. so i hope you all really liked it!

i'd also just like to say that i will be finishing these chapters before the last jedi is released which is in about 18 days (?!?!?) so a new update will be soon :) -- i have two more chapters planned :)