XIV

Last night felt like forever ago. The events that unfolded felt like a dream. Luna smiled as she recalled last night in her mind as she dressed in her sterile white scrubs.

His lips. She wanted them again. It had not yet been 12 hours and she already missed him and the feeling of warmth he provided.

She packed her bag before locking her quarters and making her way to work. Just like any other day. Except it was not. Somehow, she felt as though she's changed. Not in a bad way. And not a lot either, there was just a happiness that was surging inside of her and she didn't think it would go any time soon. And that pleased her.

She walked through and into the medical centre, seeing it was already busy - but there was never really a time where it wasn't. There was always troopers coming in having sustained injuries from an attack and they always came in great numbers, Luna and the other nurses and doctors never had any time to spare.

She clocked in, placed her bag in a locker and smoothed her scrubs before checking her little shelf for paperwork and new patient information and got to straight to work not wanting to waste any time.

Luna always liked caring for people. But there was something different about this line of work. Working with soldiers. Usually Stormtroopers always had their helmets on, taking them off was breaking the strict code of conduct - but when Luna needed to treat them, their faces would be revealed, and most looked lost and unhappy - no life in their eyes. Luna always talked to them and always tried to make them feel comfortable. But she hated calling them by their number, it dehumanised them - so she usually called them 'sweetie' or 'sweetheart' to which they would blush crimson or sit up a little straighter, trying to look tough.

She walked in to the cubicle and closed the curtain to be faced with another trooper.

"Hi sweetie, I'm Luna, your nurse"

He blushed. "Hi"

He was handsome, stubble lining his angled jaw, several cuts on his face with dark thick brows furrowing over bright blue eyes. His nose was crooked, most likely from several breaks. But he wasn't as handsome as Kylo.

"Let's see what's wrong here"

---

It had been several hours of routine, and Luna realised that without Kylo to fill in her day, it was pretty boring. She didn't realise how much time she had spent with him whilst he was in here.

Right now, it was lunch break for Luna and a few other nurses. Luna chowed down her deli sandwich which, surprisingly, didn't taste that bad. The door hit its frame and Luna look up to see her fellow nurses, Sibyl, Callia and Numa. They greeted her.

"Hi guys."

They sat on the small round table with her with their lunch.

"So how was last night?" Callia asked, twirling some of her straight blonde hair around her finger.

"Yes, please, tell us" Numa politely asked with her Rylothian accent, flipping her bright yellow head-tails back.

"There's really not much to tell..." Luna blushed, her head was down and she poked at her sandwich.

"You're such a liar! Tell us before I hit you or something" Sibyl, a cheerful Togruta, smiled cheekily.

Luna laughed and took in the pleading eyes of her friends.

"Ok! Ok! But you can't breathe of word of this so anyone, I don't know what will happen if word gets out..."

"Did you guys...?" Callia frowned