XII

Part 1

Luna went home early so she'd have enough time to get ready for tonight - she asked one of the other nurses to cover her patients, they happily obliged, amazed that the Kylo Ren has asked one of their own insignificant nurses to an extravagant banquet for all the important people.

Luna was finding it hard to contain her excitement, her hands shaking with pre-banquet jitters as she slid into the beautiful silk sliver dress Kylo had sourced especially for her. She smiled at the thought. She smoothed it after zipping it up and then proceeded to add small silver accessories; a long necklace, studs in her ears and a small silver bangle. She then slipped into her small pumps and waited. She paced the room, too afraid to sit down in the fear that it might crease her dress.

She heard the buzzer on her quarters go off, making her jump. She grabbed her small clutch and then pressed the button that opened the door and there before her stood Kylo Ren, fully dressed in his robes and helmet. She suddenly felt insecure and over dressed.

"Hi, Kylo."

"Luna."

Silence.

"Um, am I overdressed?"

She looked down at her outfit.

"No."

He was blunt. Not his usual self. The self that Luna was used to.

"Oh. Good, good"

Silence engulfed them again.

"Let's go."

Kylo turned and began to walk down the corridor.

Luna was startled. This wasn't how Kylo usually acted towards her. Something must've happened.

"Kylo?" She called out after him.

He stopped and hesitated before turning around to face her.

"Aren't you going to escort me?"

Kylo didn't move for a second before he made his way over to Luna and offered his arm, she smiled and grasped it gently.

"Now, let's go" Her small voice chimed.

As they walked, Kylo was acutely aware of Luna's small hand on his muscular arm. He could feel the small feeling of warmth radiating from her skin through his robes. She looked so beautiful. And he wanted to tell her. But he couldn't.

The walk was a lengthy one and the two did not speak. They were nearly there when Luna spoke up, able to stop herself from uttering;

"Would you like to see me without your helmet on?"

Kylo kept moving. He so desperately wanted to see her without the helmet obscuring her true beauty and without the tinted infra red lens'.

"Ok."

He pulled her into a room, it was unoccupied - if it had been he would've ordered it be. He shut the door.

He moved to take his helmet, but he was stopped by her small voice.

"May I?"