BONUS CHAPTER III

"Jordan, have you got everything you need?" Luna called out as she put away the last of the dishes.

"Yes!" Jordan shouted, running into the room with a bulging rucksack that was struggling to stay closed. Luna looked at her son and smiled. His raven hair was getting long now and would need a cut sometime soon as it was getting scruffy and sticking up everywhere. He was beginning to look more and more like his father every day. He was already taller than average for a 5-year-old. The only physical part of Jordan that was hers was his striking blue-green eyes.

"You sure? You have your pyjamas?"

"Yes."

"Toothbrush?"

"Yes."

"Clothes for tomorrow?"

"Yes, Mum!" Jordan groaned in annoyance. "I'm five years old you know."

"Yes, I know, baby. I'm just checking." Luna laughed and walked over to him and crouched to his level.

"Now, you better be on your best behaviour for Uncle Poe and Uncle Finn. I know you guys like to mess about but I want you to be a good boy and use your manners and go to bed on time." Luna said as she combed her fingers through his hair to try and tame the mess.

"I know, Mum. But can't I go to bed a bit later because it's a special occasion?" Jordan tried to bargain. Luna looked at him and saw him give his puppy dog eyes in an attempt to persuade her. Luna laughed.

"Okay, an extra half hour but no more than that!" Luna smiled and poked Jordan who let out a fit of giggles before jumping into her arms for a cuddle. Luna hugged back as there was a knock on the door.

"Uncle Poe and Uncle Finn!" Jordan cheered before racing to the door, opening it and flinging his arms around Poe's legs. Luna watched on with a smile as Poe lifted Jordan up and giving him a hug before Jordan opened his arms to hug Finn as well, who gave him a hug as well.

"Thanks for doing this, guys. I can't remember the last time Ben and I had a date night."

"It's all good, we love hanging out with little Jordy here." Finn said with a smile and ruffled Jordan's hair. Luna smiled.

"Great! Well, he normally goes to bed at 20:00 hours but I said tonight he can have an extra half hour. Do you guys have plans for dinner?" Luna asked.

"Yep, but it's a surprise for Jordan." Poe said.

"Does it include blue-milk?" Jordan asked.

"Maybe." Poe replied.

"Okay, well I'll let you guys go and have fun. Be safe and don't do anything stupid like last time." Luna said, after realising she doesn't have long to get ready.

"We will! Bye, Mummy!" Jordan exclaimed before reaching for Luna to hug her. Luna hugged him before placing him down and picking up his rucksack which Jordan shrugged on before he followed Poe and Finn out the door, leaving Luna to quickly get ready for her date night with Ben.

~*~

Luna adjusted the gown she had on and pulled a few more tendrils from her hair to fall over her face gently. Ben would be home from work soon and he had no idea that she had organised a quiet night in for them both where they could spend some time together without worrying about Jordan. It had been so long since they'd been able to have some quality time together and Luna's stomach fluttered with excitement when she thought about it. Ben and her had come so far in the past six years and Luna didn't think there was ever a time where she was this happy in her life. She was so thankful for the way things have turned out and to have people in her life that truly cared about her.