XIII

Part 2

Luna and Kylo are running. They run through the corridors of the cruiser. Their hands are entwined together as Kylo leads them through the winding paths. They dodge stormtroopers as they patrol the hallways and the stormtroopers turn and gape after them once they see Luna in her dress which flows as she runs in her heels behind the infamous Kylo Ren, holding his hand. She giggles and he tugs her along. Suddenly he pulls her into a small alcove.

"In here, quick"

They are chest to chest as several Lieutenant's and General's walk past orderly, chatting quietly as they undoubtedly make their way to the banquet.

Luna looks up at Kylo and he looks down at her. Luna can not see his eyes or any of his face but Kylo can see all of her. Their hands are still together, her small dainty hand in his large leather-gloved ones. They don't say anything and neither of them pull away.

Once they officials pass them, Kylo sees if the corridors are clear before leading Luna out and to where he wanted to show her. They stop at a room. Kylo swipes his keycard access and the door opens.

Luna let go of Kylo's hand and walked into the room. It was large but empty. However, it was surrounded by floor to ceiling tinted windows. The windows stretched all around the room to the door and provided and 360 degree view of the stars and space around them. Luna looked up and found that the ceiling also had windows.

"Wow." Luna murmured.

She heard the door shut and Kylo's boots on the floor behind her.

"Watch."

Suddenly the tinted windows changed and seamlessly transitioned from the stars to the bustling town square of Theed. Luna gasped and dropped her clutch on the floor as she was now immersed in her home planet. She looked around and saw all the people laughing and socialising. The sun was shining and the skies were blue. Children were laughing and adults carried goods to take to the market. Luna could not comprehend this.

"How?" She whispered and tore her eyes away to face Kylo. His mask was removed and she could now see his face.

"We have a camera in many planets across the galaxy that shows us what is happening in each city. General Hux uses it to spy and plan attacks, but I use them to observe a life I will never lead."

Luna's brows furrowed but she returned to looking at her people. She tentatively moved towards the window and closer to the people, she wanted to reach out an touch them but she knew if she did her fingers would hit the cool glass and the illusion would be over.

Kylo watched as she silently observed and walked around the room, she looked like she was in a trance. She missed her home. Kylo could tell. She looked longingly at the faces, and Kylo knew she wished she could converse with the friendly people of Naboo. Kylo was in awe as she glided; she was alluring.

"Show me another?"

Kylo turned back to the control panel and pressed a button before the underground district on Hosnian Prime replaced Theed.

Luna was startled as she was so close to the windows when the transition from sunny Naboo to a dark area where neon lights lit up the walkways.

"Where is this?"

"Hosnian Prime"

"But wasn't that destr-"