BONUS CHAPTER I

Luna tried her best to lug her trunk along the length of the docking station platform. She held it awkwardly, her protruding belly getting in the way. A First Order transport had dropped her off at the nearest transport hub in Corellia, their last act before she was officially free of them. Her resignation of the First Order was bittersweet. She knew she would miss her friends —Callia, Sibyl and Numa and she doubted that she'd ever see them again. But she was glad to leave. That part of her life was over. She was free from her salvation turned hell. And she was free from the man that broke her heart. She wiped her upper lip to remove the sweat that had appeared due to the harsh physical activity. She stopped for a minute and took a break, placing her trunk on a bench and then sitting down beside it and put her head in her hands. She needed to find a way to get to D'Qar — the Resistance Base — but was unsure how. She would have to contact them somehow, but she didn't want to expose herself or them. It was then she remembered that Poe had given her the location of Resistance sympathisers, she could go there and contact them for passage to the base. Luna took in a deep breath and picked up her trunk and set off the ticket booth.

"One ticket to Lothal, please." Luna asked the droid that manned the small rusted booth.

"Would you like a round trip?" The droid asked, the harsh metallic voice cutting through Luna.

"No, thank you."

"96 credits."

Luna handed over the credits to the droid and it gave her a ticket for a ship that would be leaving in 20 minutes in docking bay 11. She made her way over there and boarded the ship to Lothal, a step closer to her new home. With people that actually cared about her.

~*~

Luna stepped off the ship and onto the ground of bay 6 and breathed in the air of Lothal. Luna has never been here before, in fact, she'd never really been anywhere aside from her home planet, but in these recent months, she had travelled more than she ever had. She made her out of the hub and into Lothal's marketplace. Still carrying her trunk of her possessions, she walked around looking at the different stalls, seeing if there was some clue to who the resistance supporters may be. It was then when she looked down an alleyway and saw some sort of vandalism on the wall, but it wasn't vandalism, it was art – a beautiful mural that looked like a bird painted in a vibrant orange. Luna admired the artwork, jealous that she did not have the skills to paint something so beautiful despite having been interested in painting during her teens.

"It's a phoenix." A voice said suddenly, making Luna jump and turn around.

"Oh! You scared me." Luna said as she tried to calm her heart. She looked at the person that whose voice had scared her. She was a twi'lek with radiant green skin but she was not dressed as provocatively as twi'lek's usually preferred, instead she wore a utilitarian flight suit and headgear.

"Sorry about that, but I noticed you admiring my friends work." She said, nodding to the painting.

"Your friend did this?" Luna asked.

"Yes, a long time ago. I like to come back here and look at it sometimes. Reminisce."

"That's nice. I'm Luna."

"Hera."

"That's pretty."

"Thanks, yours is too."

Luna and Hera smiled at each other.

"You're obviously not from Lothal." Hera asked as she moved to lean on the wall facing Luna.

"No, I've just arrived. I've just resigned from the First Order. I was a nurse for them."

Hera's eyebrows raised. "Really?"

"Yes, but I had to leave because of my pregnancy." Luna said, scuffing her shoe on the dusty ground.

"I see. Where are you off to now?" Hera questioned with a smile.

Luna sucked in a breath, not sure whether she should trust her, seeing as though they've only just met.

"I'm looking for someone who will take me to my friend, Poe Dameron." Luna answered, hoping this would satisfy Hera without provoking too much question.

"Poe Dameron, huh? Well, that someone might be me." Hera said confidently and pushed herself off the wall. "I know your friend. I've worked with him in the Resistance."

"You have?!" Luna exclaimed.

"Yes, I used to fly missions but now I coordinate attacks. Come on, I was just getting some supplies before heading back to base. I'll take you." Hera said and began walking away, Luna jogged to catch up with her.

"Wait, so you're with the Resistance?" Luna asked as she walked alongside Hera.

"Obviously." Hera smiled, her eyes twinkling.

Luna grinned as she followed Hera and began her journey to her new home.

~*~

Luna made her way down the ramp of the Hera's ship The Ghost with Hera by her side, who had offered to carry her trunk for her. Hera had let those at the Resistance Base know that Luna was arriving and told them to send word to Poe, so she was not surprised when she saw Poe running up to her, dressed handsomely in his casual wear.

"Luna!" Poe called out to her as he got closer.

"Poe!"

They met with an embrace and Luna relished the feel of comfort in her best friends arms. She held onto him longer than necessary but Poe, as always, was able to understand that she needed this.

"How are you?" He asked as they pulled away from each other.

"Better now that I'm here." Luna replied with a tight smile which Poe returned before his gaze met her protruding belly.

"So you're pregnant." Poe stated.

"I am."

"Who's is it?" Poe asked but before Luna could answer, they were interrupted by an excited call for Luna.

"Luna! You've come. How wonderful to have you here." General Leia said as she embraced Luna, she stopped short when she felt Luna's belly against her and pulled away to look down.

"Are you...?"

"Pregnant? Yes."

"Is it...?"

"Kylo's? Yes, it's his. But...he didn't want to be a part of its life." Luna said sadly, looking down to evade Leia's eyes as tears formed in her own. Leia could see how heartbroken Luna truly was and she felt a pang in her heart to know that it was at the hands of her son.

Luna sucked in a breath and looked at Leia before beginning to sob, finally letting out all her emotions after being confronted by Kylo and fleeing.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't bring him back to you Leia." Luna sobbed.

"Shhhh." Leia soothed and brought Luna in for another embrace. Leia rubbed Luna's back soothingly as she sobbed into the general's shoulder.

"It's alright. You're here now, and we'll do this together."

~*~*~*~*~

here is the first of four bonus chapters! i hope you enjoyed it!

i just slipped in hera syndulla from rebels bc i love that show so much and if you don't watch it you should!

and also just so you know, i spent 30 minutes calculating how much the price would be in credits from corellia to lothal based on the amount of hours it would take by lightspeed on a standard hyperdrive with a 4 hour standard rate.