XV

Luna is busy entering some data into the computer. It's several hours into her shift and she hasn't stopped working since she got here at 8am. Luna types quickly, her fingertips skimming the keys lightly as she punches in the details of a surgery. She hears footsteps on the linoleum floor and they get louder as they moved closer to the front desk. But Luna didn't look up until they said her name.

"Miss Luna?"

"Yes?"

She looked up and saw a storm trooper, holding his blaster. She panicked.

"I need you to come with me, if you're not busy."

"Am I in trouble?"

He didn't answer so Luna told Sibyl to take over and she stepped out from behind the desk.

"Follow me."

Luna followed him silently. She studied the back of his armour as they walked through the corridors of the cruiser. They stopped sometime later at a door. The trooper knocked and the door opened. He signalled her to walk in and she took a tentative step forward into the room. The door whooshed shut after she was all the way in and she jumped. She walked forward and the lights came on, she squealed and covered her face with her hands.

"Woah Luna, sorry I didn't mean to scare you, are you ok?"

She knew that voice. She peaked through her hands and saw Kylo's concerned face. She removed her hands and hit him on the arm.

"Ow! What did you do that for?"

"Don't do that to me!" She laughed and wrapped her small arms around his neck. His arms circled her waist and he lifted her up and spun her around gently.

"I missed you." Kylo whispered, still holding her.

"I missed you, too." Luna said and nuzzled her face in his neck.

Kylo let her go and they looked at each other smiling.

"Why did you call me away from work?"

"I wanted to see you."

Kylo was blushing. Luna smiled and reached up on her tip toes she could look at his face properly.

"Your wound is healing well."

"That's only because of you."

It was Luna's turn to blush. Kylo took this opportunity to grab hold of her hands and lightly place a small kiss on her lips.

"What was that for?" Luna asked, dazed.

"I told you, I missed you."

Luna wasn't used to him being this mushy. Sure, he had held her hands multiple times and he sometimes looked at her like she was the only thing in the world, but he had never really been so affectionate. Luna liked it though. She liked how drastically it contrasted from his 'normal' personality. She liked that when he was with her, the walls came down, the act over and he was this cheeky, kind man. But it also made her question which is the real him. The mask wearing terror that attacked and massacred innocent villagers? Or was it the kind and gentle but emotionally fragile soul that held her in his arms now?

Kylo on the other hand, was just as unsure as she was. He didn't even know what was the real him. Since meeting her, she had revealed a side of him that he didn't even know he had. He hadn't even been this way with his mother and father. His heart ached when he thought of them – that was new too. Kylo wasn't sure whether he even liked how he was with Luna. He was still all confused with his feelings. The only thing he did know was that she made him smile – and that was a rare occasion. And she made him feel good. And he liked it. He did not think about what Snoke had told him.