XXVII

Kylo's feet ached as he walked around the village square of Theed. It was nearing mid-day and he'd already circled the area several times. Luna had hinted that she wouldn't be on Naboo but he decided not to take the chance and begin his search for her on her home-world. But he had been here for nearly a whole week and had seen no sign of her.

Kylo adjusted his head scarf, trying to hide his face. Not that anyone would recognise him anyway. He had never been unmasked to the public. But it made him feel better to wear some sort of disguise. He approached a street vendor.

"Excuse me, do you know or have seen someone called Luna?"

"Who's askin', kid?" the vendor asked.

"It doesn't matter, have you heard of her?" Kylo probed.

"Nah, I don't know her, what she look like?"

"Um, shortish, long dark hair, pregnant?" Kylo blurted a vague description of the love of his life.

"Sorry, kid. Haven't seen her."

"Thanks." Kylo said and walked away.

He'd asked more people than he could count, and all responses had been the same. Kylo sighed. She wasn't on Naboo. Like she said. Kylo rubbed his over his face and looked around once more. He made his way to the edge of the city to the transport hub, he would board a transport to take him to another plant.

"Welcome to Theed Interplanet Transport Hub, where would you like to go to today?" the droid attendant said.

"Onderon, please." Kylo asked and laid out the required credits to board the shuttle. Another civilisation that he thought Luna may think was a suitable planet to raise a child. He scared himself as he completed that thought as he remembered the reality of what he was doing.

"Thank you, sir. May I please have your name for the on-flight record?"

"Silas. Silas Malaky." Kylo spoke the alias he's been going by since he left the First Order.

"Thank you, here's your ticket, enjoy your journey, Mr Malaky."

"Thanks." Kylo walked away and waited to board the transport.

Kylo stood on the platform as he waited for the pilot of the transport to call out he was ready for passengers. He looked at the ground and rolled his foot over a small stone. He was suddenly knocked off balance by someone walking into him. Kylo frowned and looked up and after the body who hit him.

"Hey! Watch it!" Kylo called.

The body stopped and turned, he was revealed to a Rodian – and an aggressive one as he walked back to Kylo and stood chest to chest with him.

"What are you gonna do, pretty boy? Cry to your mommy?" He taunted.

Kylo huffed and he tried to control his anger, his fists balling at his sides. He felt a sudden jab in his gut and he doubled over with a groan. The Rodian had punched him.

"I said what are you gonna do?" He spat at Kylo.

Kylo so badly wanted to choke him with the Force but not only did he not want to expose himself and who he was, but he was trying to be a better person.

The Rodian pushed him over to Kylo was a keeled ball on the ground.

"That's what I thought." He said as he walked away, leaving Kylo alone and wondering how he was going to do this.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Luna was in immense pain. She was screaming louder than she ever knew she could. She couldn't believe how painful childbirth was. But she thought about the fact that she could hold her baby soon and she held on a little longer.

"You're so close, Luna! Keep pushing! You're almost there!" Poe cried.

Luna squeezed his hand a tighter and Poe tried to hide his wince. Luna cried out again. She was so glad that Poe was here with her. She could count on him with anything. And he'd been so supportive and helpful towards her these past couple of months. But she still wanted this to be over.

"One more push, Luna!" Poe cried again as the nurse gave Poe a nod to indicate she was nearly done.

Luna screamed as she pushed one last time before the cries of a baby echoed throughout the room. Luna caught her breath as she looked over her open legs as the nurse gently held her baby.

Poe was so happy. Tears streamed over his face as he looked at the child.

"It's a boy!" Poe cried.

"My boy. My baby boy." Luna breathed as the nurse handed her, her child.

"Where is she? Where's the baby?" A voice called as the door opened and revealed Leia. She saw Luna with the child and she rushed over and looked at him. Leia looked at the baby and back and Luna and begun to cry as she looked the child of her son.

"He's beautiful." Leia whispered.

"He is." Luna whispered as she gazed at her son.