Chapter 8 | Lost and Found

 This nigga really just asked me what my last name was, Milyon thought. "Umm, why?" she asked, not seeing the point why she had to tell him that. 

  Mace sighed. "Just answer." Mace said, calmly but firmly. He had her shook.

  "Um, i-it's Carter... my last name's C-carter." she stuttered. It's her... but how could I not have found her until now, what the fuck? Maceon thought. He was angry at himself for finding her under these circumstances, he looked at her in awe, he studied her features, and it was most certainly her. His sister... Milyon Carter.

   What the hell is wrong wit' this nigga? Milyon thought, crept out by the man with the green eyes. He was asking her questions and shit about her name, why does that matter? He was still standing over the bed, looking dead at Milyon as if she was some kind of alien. He ran his hand through his curly hair which was styled in a hi-top, and then he rubbed his hands across his face, he looked like he was in deep thought. He was mumbling something to himself that Milyon couldn't understand and then abruptly left the room. Milyon was confused as fuck, what just happened? Milyon thought. 

   She also couldn't put a finger on where she knew him from, she sat trying to think of all the possibilities but nothing. Maybe he recognized her and that's why he was looking at her like that. She jumped in her skin as the door flew open and in walked green eyes, she still didn't know his name. He walked over to the bed, took some keys out of his pocket and picked the one that unlocked the handcuffs, he took Shy out of hers first, she sat there, wondering if he was about to let them leave. Then, he unlocked Milyon's handcuffs, untied her ankles, and did the same for Shy. I hope he's letting us go home, Milyon thought. She rubbed her sore wrists and ankles and sat there staring at him, he stared back. He sat on the bed. 

***

   Mace couldn't let her sit in there tied up and shit like she was some kind of criminal, so he untied and removed her and her friends' cuffs. He couldn't help but stare at her, he'd missed her so much. She'd grown into a beautiful young lady. But he wondered how she'd gotten here, why wasn't she with her foster parents? Mace thought. He stared into her beautiful grey eyes, she looked just like their mother.

   He sat on the bed, and slowly spoke, he didn't want to say the wrong thing. "Do you recognize me, Milyon?" Mace asked her. She stared at him and nodded her head without saying anything. 

   "My name is Mace-Maceon Carter." Mace spoke, softly, directly towards her. Her eyes widened, she was speechless, and she looked shocked and confused at the same time. 

He could tell she didn't believe him. "I'm your brother, Milyon. This is not a game and this is not a joke, a'ight? This shit is real." Mace said, looking at a silent Milyon.

She was shaking her head, staring at him. "You're a liar." Milyon said, quietly but looking at him coldly. She doesn't listen, I just told her this shit ain't no fuckin' game, Mace thought. He was becoming frustrated with her. He left the room, once again. He had to prove it to her. 

***

   This nigga is a liar, he does look like my brother but how can I believe someone who handcuffed me and tied me the fuck up? My brother wouldn't do that, or would he? Milyon thought. She hadn't seen her brother in like ten years, who knows what kind of lifestyle he was living, she wanted to believe the man but it was hard. 

   He left the room, once again. She looked at Shy, they didn't know whether to get up and haul ass out that muthafucka' or not. But then again, they were in the middle of nowhere, where the fuck was they going to run?