Chapter 10 | Celebration

   Milyon woke up to see a peacefully sleeping Mace at the end of her bed. She smiled to herself. She didn't want to wake him so she quietly got out of the bed and got in the shower, the water felt good and refreshing. When she got out, she put on the t-shirt and basketball shorts that Mace gave her to wear last night. They were so busy talking that she never got to take a shower. She left the bathroom, and to her surprise, Mace was gone. That was fast, she thought.

   She left her room, in search of her Mace. She went into the kitchen and Mace and Shy were both in there talking while Mace cooked. She was also surprised to see him cooking, he must have been in a good mood.

   "Good mornin', y'all." Milyon said, entering the kitchen, sitting on a stool at the island.

   Mace looked away from the stove and towards her. "Mornin'." Mace said, still cooking.

   "Mornin', best friend." Shy said with a smile on her face. She and Milyon sometimes called each other 'best friend', well, because that's what they were.

   "Girl, why I wake up to this fool takin' up all the space in my bed?" Milyon said, talking to Shy who was sitting in the stool next to her. Shy laughed.

   Shy rolled her eyes, jokingly. "I see y'all got comfortable last night. You left me all alone." Shy said, pouting.

   Milyon giggled. "Awww, I'm sorry, boo. You know I love you." Milyon said, jokingly.

   "Whatever. You stole my best friend from me, nigga." Shy said, pointing at Mace, who seemed a little busy on his phone.

   Mace was now leaning up against the counter. "I ain't steal shit. She was my sister before she was yo' best friend, lil' girl." Mace said, not looking at her.

   Shy sucked her teeth. "Whatever, y'all ain't shit. I am not about to be a third-wheel so we goin' have to figure something out." Shy said, Milyon laughed, she thought this was amusing.

   Mace placed his phone in the pocket of his Jordan basketball shorts. "A'ight, go get dressed. I'ma take y'all shopping, don't hesitate to pick shit up, don't even look at the price tag, I got y'all." Mace said, continuing cooking.

   Milyon shook her head as if to say 'no'. "Mmm-mm. Nah, we good." Milyon said, she didn't like that he was trying to spend money on them, she didn't like anyone spending money on her.

Mace sighed. "Mil', just do what the fuck I said. When y'all done getting dressed, breakfast will be done. I'ma go get dressed then we goin' hit it." Mace said, not trying to hear his sister, she was acting like they had something else to wear anyways. Milyon smacked her lips and went to get dressed, Shy followed.

   Ten minutes later, Milyon and Shy were done getting dressed, they put back on the same clothes that they had on yesterday, Milyon felt dirty. They entered the kitchen and Mace made both of them plates and placed them on the island. He made chocolate chip pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon.

   Milyon inhaled the aroma of the freshly cooked food. "Thank you, big bro'." Milyon said, cheesing. She loved to eat but you wouldn't have been able to tell with how small she was.

   "Ain't shit, sis'. I'm about to go get dressed." Mace said, he left the kitchen.

   Twenty minutes later, they were leaving his apartment and heading to the outlets. Milyon sat in the front with her brother, Shy sat in the back. She hated to make Shy feel like a third wheel but she knew Shy would be okay. Mace blasted music, Milyon and Shy nodded their heads to the new Drake song, 'All Me'. Mace was feeling himself, rapping along to the lyrics.