Zero's POV

I ran as fast as I could away from the dorms to the only place I can think of going at the moment. Considering that it's hard to think, I just know where I want to go. My sleeping tree. The one I haven't been to in forever.

     When I get there, I take notice that it was undisturbed, which eased me slightly. I sat down, leaning my back against the bark. The tears that feel from my eyes were quickly wiped away and I tried to wipe the blood from my wrists.

     He was just concerned. I tried to reason with myself. I don't have to be afraid.

      Then why am I afraid?

     Why do I feel like I can't escape this pain in my heart?

     I'm in love with the enemy, and you're not supposed to love your enemy. Is it really going to work out between us anymore? This fighting can't go on, but it's all that seems to be happening lately. We're drifting apart because of him. But I also know we're drifting because of what we are. It's my job to kill his kind, and I should despise him. Not love him.

     Why did it have to be him I fell in love with? Why does my heart wish to go down the path that will bring it the most pain? I'm being torn from the inside by the beast that wishes to take control, and it hurts. It hurts so much.

     I couldn't move from the spot I was in. I was being torn up and I couldn't take it. I have to leave. Get away from Cross Academy. I know it will hurt Kaname, but it's the only thing I can think of doing. Me being with him is hurting him, more than I ever thought possible. If I just leave without saying goodbye, he'll eventually move on from me. He wouldn't be able to take it if I broke up with him and stayed. In fact, it would ruin him more, so I need to just leave.

     I stood when I sensed a familiar presence. Oh, not now!

     "There you are." Senri said in a sickly sweet voice as he walked over to me. "I was begining to think that I wouldn't be able to find my pet after what that monster of a pureblood did to you."

     "What the hell do you want, Senri?" I ask, reaching for Bloody Rose.

      He pinned me against the tree, Bloody Rose falling from my hands as he held my hands over my head. He leaned forward and I turned my head. He growled at me and narrowed his eyes.

     "Why not leave him?"

     I turn my head back to him quickly, shock taking over my features. Could I really leave, just like that? I know I wanted to before, but I can't. I would be torn too. Plus, if I did leave, Yuki would be upset and I'd hurt her as well. What am I supposed to do?

     "Why would I do that?" I growled at him, narrowing my eyes.

     He brought his lips close to my ear, his hot breath making me shiver slightly in fear.

     "To be with me, of course." He stated as if it were obvious. My glare strengthened.

     "To hell with that! I'd never go out with you." I spat at him. He narrowed his eyes and tightened his grip on my arms.

     "If you wish to see your precious sister and that man hurt, then refuse my offer. But if you'd like their lives to be spared, then you will do as I say. Break up with Kuran, and go out with me." He growled at me.

     My features saddened in defeat and I reluctantly nodded.

     "Alright, fine." But I'm only doing this for you, Yuki, Kaname. My Prince, please don't end up taking this the wrong way.

(649 words) Hey guys! I'm back. So, one more chapter in this book and then we might start a new one. Hopefully we do, and it will be on my account instead. I'm glad that you guys still support this story and I'm extremely happy you've delt with the slow updates lately. I promise to have another chapter up by tonight or tomorrow. Thanks once again for all the support and 19.8k reads! (724 words)

-Lion