Chapter 12 - What?

Chapter 12

We walked into the studio, Chloe and I going into the dancers den and mom taking Clara to her class. Abby walked in right after us.

"Good your all here, girls today you will be performing for all seniors and the toddlers, they will give you feed back. Oh, and before I forget all the mom's need to be here tomorrow, including yours Paige." She then walked into studio A and we followed, the seniors where already on the floor with the toddlers, I saw Nick sitting with Clara on his lap and smiled at them.

"Okay! First we'll start with the solos then the group and finally the trio." Abby announced, I sat with Nick and Clara who instantly crawled onto my lap. Maddie went first, her solo was amazing and her emotion was flawless. Next was Kendall, she did really well, her face dropped went she spun but other than that she was really good. Next was the group dance, we pulled the car seat in and performed the dance, everyone clapped and didn't have anything to say about improving.

We had to perform the trio now, I was nervous everyone would know it was about me. We got into starting position and refused to look at anyone in the audience I would probably get yelled at for it but I really couldn't care at this moment.

The music started and we performed, Paige danced her way in and we danced before we got into the end pose before getting up and standing in a line waiting for corrections or improvements. I was standing in the middle while Chloe and Paige on either side. Everyone was looking between us.

"Anything anyone wants to help them improve on?" Abby asked, no-one moved an inch until Mackenzie slowly raised her hand Abby nodded towards her.

"Why do Brooke and Paige look so similar? They look more like sisters than the twinnies." She said, I looked at Paige before looking in the mirror at both of us. We did look similar, very similar.

I blocked everything else out except both of us in the mirror, I recalled running into her outside the studio a few days ago, when her mom looked at Abby and how Abby faltered for a second. How Paige said her mom lost her baby, she said she thought it died in her stomach. Thought. Her mom protecting me from Leslie and not joining our group hug she just looked at me awkwardly.

I then looked at Paige's features, we both looked very similar with pretty much the only real difference was our hair colour. My eyes started to water, looked over at Abby, she stared at me with a blank expression, if Paige really was my sister that would mean Abby would have known who my real mother was. Mom used to say Kelly had danced here when she was younger.

Chloe was gripping my arm shaking it, Paige was looking at me with a confused expression. I don't think it clicked to her what Mackenzie had just said. I felt Chloe's nails did into my skin, I still couldn't move. I looked up at mom slightly, she was talking to the other moms, Kelly wasn't there. Come to think of it she's never here and ironically she has only gone to a competition I wasn't at.

Nick was in front of me trying to get my attention, even Abby was in front of me. I wasn't concentrating on them, I was still looking at Paige. Mom had come down and was standing with us as well, everyone but Paige, Chloe, Nick, Abby, Clara and Mom had left the room.

"I want to go home" I whispered, I was about to break down.

"We can't you still have dance" mom said to me

"I don't care, I need to go home" I still hadn't taken my eyes off the mirror

"Brooke, we don't leave dance early, ever" mom reasoned

"Christi, take her home, the competition team going is done for the day, I was going to dismiss them anyway" Abby said, I still had an advanced acro class at 4 but I wouldn't be able to go in.

Mom grabbed my hand and led me out of studio A, we walked out of the building with Chloe and Clara following, Chloe had grabbed my dance bag which was good. I sat in the front while Chloe and Clara got in the back. We drove home in silence, even when Chloe came on the radio, I pulled my phone out and decided to text Chloe

Brooke - Please don't say anything to mom

Chloe - About what? I'm not even sure what happened.

Brooke - Okay, please just don't say anything about what happened in A

I locked my phone and rested my head back on my head rest, my eyes started to water, I quickly wiped away some tears that had spilled over my eyes. We pulled up our driveway and I was already out the door and sprinting towards the house, I grabbed the spare key from under the mat and opened the door.

I sprinted up the stairs and into my room locking the door behind me. I curled up onto my bed, pulling my knees to my chest before letting the tears flow. This couldn't be happening, it couldn't be true. A million questions ran through my head, I decided I would confront her tomorrow. Abby had said all of the moms had to be there. It wasn't very late, 3 in the afternoon. My phone was blowing up with text messages from everyone at the studio. I ignored most of them, until I saw one from Paige.

Paige - Everyone is asking what happened.

Brooke - What are you saying?

Paige - Nothing, I don't know what to say

Brooke - Please don't say anything, not yet, I have things I need to work out.

Paige - Okay J

I locked my phone and placed in next to me on the bed. That's when it hit me, Paige could be my sister. I thought back to the time when I first met Paige, I was 7 and she was 2. She and Chloe started on the same day.