Chapter 17 - Angela

Chapter 17

I woke up to my alarm clock blaring in my ear, I restrained myself from swearing very loudly as I slammed my fist down on it. I must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed. I somehow managed to make my way into the bathroom where I had a quick shower and got dressed for dance. I packed my bag and left it by my door for me to grab when we leave for dance.

I slumped down the stairs and into the kitchen, I sat in my usual seat at the counter and laid my head on the counter. The surface was cool on my warm face. I closed my eyes for what felt like a few seconds but when I opened them again it had been 10 minutes. Mom still hadn't come into the kitchen so I decided to find myself something to eat. I opened the cupboard and found a box of coco pops, I shrugged and pulled it out of the cupboard. I grabbed a bowl and poured myself some breakfast, I sat down and began to eat my cereal.

Mom walked into the kitchen when I was halfway through my cereal.

"You look exhausted" she said rubbing my back and kissing my forehead.

"I feel it" I replied wrapping my arms around her.

"Why?" She asked sitting down on the seat next to me.

"Just a lot on my mind" I replied 

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked looking at me concerned 

"No, not yet, when I've worked it out. I promise" I smile and wrap her in another hug. I didn't want to talk about it, I still don't know what I'm going to do about the whole thing. If she doesn't want to talk to me then fine. I won't make any movement to talk to her.

“I see you made yourself breakfast” mom changed the subject, she obviously knew I didn’t want to talk about it.

I smiled “Yep, I was hungry so I got some cereal” I continued to eat my cereal.

“Who are you and what have you done with my daughter?” mom demanded playfully, I decided to play along

I put my hands up in a ‘I surrender’ gesture “You caught me, I’m your daughters twin from another dimension”

“Well, as you’ve taken my daughters place now, do you have a name?” mom asked, I kept a serious face, quickly thinking of a name.

“Angela” I have no idea where that name came from but I guess that’s what my name is now.

“Well Angela, when will I be getting Brooke back?” mom asked

“When I get bored of stealing her life” I replied casually, Chloe walks through the kitchen door like a zombie.

“Mom. Brooke.” She acknowledged us with a nod

“I’m not Brooke, I’m Angela” I said as she dragged herself into a seat.

“I don’t really care.” She replied rubbing her eyes and yawning.

“I don’t think you sister would appreciate you saying that” I replied

“You are my sister!” she yelled at me

I sighed “No, I am her twin from another dimension named Angela”

“Alright” I looked at mom who was trying not to laugh, I couldn’t believe I had been able to keep a straight face.

“We have a few minutes before we have to leave for dance. So hurry up and eat your breakfast” she said placing a bowl in front of Chloe who eats like a wolf that hasn’t eaten for weeks.

I climbed off my stool and made my way to the front door where I waited for the others. They took their time, mom was waiting with me by the door when Chloe slowly walked down the stairs. We got in the car and off to the studio we went.

We pulled up and we made our way into the studio, Gia and Abby where both sitting behind the front desk. I waved and made my way into the dancers den with Chloe. Maddie, Mackenzie, Nia and Kendall where all there as well, we all sat in a circle and talked about random things.

“Did you ask Miss Abby for a duet yet?” Mackenzie asked me

“Not yet, how about we ask to do a duet next week? That way we can have it flawless and we will surely win with it” I smiled at Mackenzie, I had completely forgot to ask Abby for the duet.

 I zoned after that because they started talking about boys they liked. I was thinking about the competition this weekend, it was in Miami, I was excited and nervous at the same time. Abby didn’t want me to say anything about my solo to anyone so how was I going to go and perform it?

“So do you Brooke?” Maddie asked snapping me out of my daydream

“What?” I asked “and my names Angela not Brooke” They all look at me strangely I just shrug “I’m her twin from another dimension”  I replied and wait for one of them to explain to me again.

“Do you like Nick?” Kendall asked they all leaned forward.

“He’s my best friend! Of-course I like him!”

“We don’t mean like that. Do you like him as more than a friend?” Nia asked

“Like a brother? Yes. Anything else, no. That would just be weird, besides I think he likes someone else.” I replied, I notice Paige walk through the door and join the circle. The girls all went running and laughing into studio A. Something about practicing some dance moves. I walked over to the door and slowly opened it. I peeked round and saw Abby, Gia and Kelly talking by the front desk. Abby and Kelly where having an intense conversation while Gia was just listening in she sat on the chair next to Abby while Kelly was standing on the other side of the front desk. I strained my ears to listen to the conversation and I heard them talking about me.