Chapter 20 - Spider!

Chapter 20

I didn't remember falling asleep but I woke up still laying on my bed, laptop open, lying next to Chloe. Mom was screaming from down stairs for Chloe and me to wake up. I looked at the clock it read 4:40 I groaned and shock Chloe awake gently. She slowly opened her eyes and stretched I told her to go have a shower as I got ready myself. I had a quick shower and pulled on some sweatpants and a large ALDC top. I packed my dance wear in a carryon bag and lugged my suitcase down the stairs.

Chloe was asleep on top of hers and mom was waiting by the door, we packed the car and off we went. My eyes felt heavy as we drove to the studio, Chloe somehow had managed to get into the car before falling back asleep. We arrived at the studio and the bus was already there. I noticed everyone was putting their luggage onto the bus. I climbed out of the car and helped mom put our luggage onto the bus.

I climbed the stairs of the bus as the driver started the engine, everyone was already on the bus. I looked around at everyone on the bus, I was shocked when I saw Kelly. She was staring at me but I refused to look at her, I stalked straight passed her to the back seat where I sat down and made myself comfortable. Chloe and Maddie also sat with me on the back seat with the other girls in the seat in front and the moms and Abby halfway up the bus. Kelly was leaning against the window in the seat across from mom, whenever she thought I wasn't looking she we glance back at me before getting back to the conversation the moms where having.

"Mom!" I shouted down the bus, all the moms turned and looked at me. I noticed Kelly momentarily looked sad before her expression went blank. "Can I have my cookies?"

"Which ones?" She shouted back

"The ones with M&M's" She threw them down the bus and I caught them easily and opened the packet, all the girls looked at me I smiled at them and offered them each one. They all took one and greedily munched on it, I ate mine before getting comfy again and trying to get some sleep.

When I woke up both Chloe and Maddie where lying on top of me. I shoved them off and they both fell on the floor. I got up and walked over to mom's seat where I crawled in and snuggled up to her.

"I love you mom" I said, before glancing over at Kelly she looked broken hearted. I wrapped my arms wound mom and closed my eyes before drifting back off to sleep.

"Mom!" I shouted into the darkness, I couldn't see the hand I waved in front of my face. "Mom!" I shouted again spinning around trying to find something. Anything.

"Brooke" I heard mom say from behind me I spun around as the darkness suddenly vanished and we stood in our kitchen. I looked around confused. "Why didn't you tell me?" she asked

"Tell you what?" I asked as she began to fade "mom! Wait!" I screamed trying to reach out to her.

My surrounding changed and I was in a living room, I looked around there was a couch and TV in the space I spun around as someone opened the door. I saw Kelly walk in she was on the phone, she placed the shopping bags down and looked at me.

"Don't just stand there. Put the shopping away!" she demanded I looked at her as if she'd grown 2 heads. The way she said it, no-one talked to anyone like that, especially to your daughter.

"Kelly?" I asked, I was surprised I had no idea what was going on.

"Who else would it be? Sometimes you are so stupid I don't know how on earth you are my child" My eyes started to water. This was a dream I reminded myself. A dream. It's not real.

"What is this?" I asked allowed to no-one in particular

Kelly looks furious and I have no idea why, she storms over to me and raises her hand above her head. Like she was about to hit me. "I'll teach you to talk like that to me" she yelled I watched as she swung her hand down towards me.

I screamed my hand instantly blocking my face from what I thought was coming. My breathing was heavy and I gasping, I felt the sweat on the back of my neck. I looked around to find everyone staring at me. I pulled my knees up to my chest before breaking down into tears.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I heard mom say as she attempted to wrap her arms around me. I jerked away and she immediately drew back. "Brooke?" mom asked, I looked at her I could see the fear in her eyes.

"I-I'm s-sorry" I said as I wiped my eyes

"What's wrong?" she asked slowly reaching her hand out to touch mine. I let her, and I leaned into her. She wrapped her arms around me and I cried into her chest.

"Bad dream" I said looking up at her.

"Are you okay?" she asked concerned, I nodded. "Want to talk about it?" I shook my head

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at the time. It was 3 o'clock we still had 7 hours left of this bus they said we would get to Miami at 10. I got up and walked back to my seat at the back off the bus. I flopped down in the seat and pulled out my head phones, all the girls were looking at me but I ignored them. I shoved the head phones into my ear and pressed play 'Why Won't You Love Me' began to play. I looked up at Kelly she was deep in conversation with Abby, Abby was glancing between Kelly and I.

"Brooke!" Abby called to me motioning me up to her. I sighed dramatically and stood up and walked up the bus to her.

"What?" I asked rather rudely glancing at Kelly from the corner of my eye, she was watching me.

"Are you okay?" Abby asked me

"I'm fine. Can I leave now?" I turned to walk away but Abby grabbed my arm.

"No, you can come and sit here." She said and moved over, I knew she wanted me to talk to Kelly but I was going to be difficult.

"Why?" I asked

"Just sit down and stop being difficult" She replied irritated

"Fine..."  I dragged the word out as I slumped down into the seat crossing my arms over my chest.

I put my head phones in my ears and pretended to press play, I just wanted to listen to their conversation. I stared straight ahead not looking at anyone.

"I told you she hated me" Kelly said to Abby

"She doesn't hate you" Abby replied

"Did you see what just happened? She completely ignored me"

"Remember she's just as stubborn as you, would you have talked to her if you were switched?"

"Probably not" Kelly said after a pause.

I was staring at the seat in front of the one I was sitting in when I saw something black start crawling across it. "Spider!" I screamed and jumped up and scrambled over the back of my seat onto the two Kelly was sitting in.

My lungs started to close up and I had trouble breathing, I saw black spots as my chest tightened. My mind went blank, I forgot how to breathe. I couldn't get any air into my lungs, I saw moms face come into distorted view. She was telling me to relax, I tried my best slowly I closed my eyes and allowed air into my lungs. My vision became clear again I took some deep breaths and relaxed into the chair. My eyes suddenly feeling heavy closed and once again I was asleep.