Twenty Three ; Conversing

"Third show for you guys, how's life on the road treating you?" Michael asked, stretching his arms above his head. Casey, Calum, and Michael were sitting on the edge of the stage. There legs hanging off the side while the crew worked their butts off to get the stage perfected once again for another show. The boys should've been sound checking their instruments at this very moment, but everyone seemed to be a bit behind on the their schedule.

"It could be better," Calum shrugged. "Like for an example; this trip would be so much better if the bus didn't smell like body odor 24/7."

Casey chuckled, nodding his head in agreement.

"Also, if Casey wasn't the loudest snorer to exist. Things would be a bit better on my end." Michael chimed in, laughing at the shocked expression on the blonds face. Michael was glad he chose Calum for the contest and that Calum brought Casey along with him. He couldn't imagine what it would be like if there were two different people sitting next to him at this very moment.

"I'm kind of glad I have my own corner away from all of that now. What's it been now five nights of peace while I sleep while you three suffer."

Casey frowned, "I can't help it, I have nasal problems while I sleep."

Calum shook his head, rolling his eyes at his friend. "Casey I know this. We're just messing with you, buddy."

Michael nodded his head to confirm from himself that is was all just a bit of fun.

They were drawn out of their conversation when Ashton appeared on the stage and sat himself down next to Calum.

Calum glanced at Ashton from the side, his honey locks were pulled back into a small bun and Calum couldn't help but smile. Calum loved Ashton's hair, he wanted to run his fingers from the waves for hours. That was what he wanted, but he knew it would never happen. Not from Ashton at least, he could probably ask Michael if he could play with his blue locks and the pale boy would most likely curl up onto the brown boys lap instantly and mewl like a kitten.

No one said anything while they sat there and looked out at the arena that would soon hold thousands of people for a band Calum loved dearly, but Calum's mind was still reeling about wanting to play with someone's hair while they lounged around.

"Hey Michael?" Calum asked softly, turning to look over to the boy with blue hair.

Michael hummed in response. He was leaning back on his hands and gazing at the ceiling rather than looking Calum's way.

"I don't know how to say this without sounding creepy..." Calum fumbled around with his fingers and avoided Ashton's curious gaze lingering on him. Casey was too engrossed on what his phone said to pay attention to his surroundings. "Would it be weird if I played with your hair...? Like, I'm in a cuddly mood and Casey hates my cuddles... Oh my god, if that's too weird please leave me here alone to bask in my own self-caused embarrassment."

Ashton scoffed, talking before Michael could even get his response out. "He barely has any hair. Why didn't you ask me?" He sounded offended and now Calum was regretting his choices all over again.

"I thought you didn't like cuddling..." Was all Calum said.

"Yeah, with Luke and Michael." Ashton rolled his eyes before standing up and leaving the three still seated.

"Well, goodbye Mr. Grumpy pants." Michael laughed, "But I'll definitely take you up on your offer later after the show for some hair playing and quality time cuddles." Michael winked before standing up as well, dusting his pants free of any dirt that might've been on the ground. "See you two later, I gotta get ready!"

The two both bid there goodbyes but stayed seated. They still had some time to kill before they'd get kicked off the stage.

"Why didn't you ask Ashton to cuddle?" Casey asked.

"I would have screwed it up. I don't have a silly crush on Michael like I do Ashton, so it wouldn't have ended well." Calum sighed, he missed his chance of getting closer the boy he wanted to know most, but he let his fear control him.

////

THANKS FOR READING!!!!

let me know your thoughts or anything that you've enjoyed so far with this story

also go check out my new Cashton story *wink wink*