Twenty Five ; Early Morning

Calum woke up to a mouth full of curls and strong arms encircling his waist holding him close. Calum knew for sure he fell asleep beside Michael, not Ashton. Too many scenarios were running through his head about what happened last night and how Ashton could possibly be holding him right now. Calum didn't think his dreams would ever come true, but here he is, wrapped in Ashton's strong hold on the sofa in the back of his tour bus while the rest of the band and his best friend were asleep somewhere else.

Calum took advantage of the situation and snuggled closer to the lead singer. Clinging to his t-shirt and burying his face into the soft fabric of Ashton's clothing. The faint scent of fabric softener still lingering on the article of clothing and Calum wanted to bask in the smell of the boy holding him forever.

Ashton gripped Calum's waist, shifting around to get more comfortable. A couch isn't the most ideal place to sleep, but Ashton took what he could get and along can the sweet cuddly boy clinging to him. It made his heart race at the sleepy raven haired boy clinging to him ever so tightly.

"Morning," Ashton murmured, moving the arm that was under Calum's head around so he could run his fingers through the black strands of hair instead. It was so soft and luscious, the small action made Calum almost purr in delight. "D'you sleep well?" Ashton asked, letting out a small yawn as he spoke.

Calum nodded his head against Ashton's chest, a small yawn escaping his lips before he closed his eyes once again. The soft hum of the bus, and the faint puffs of air leaving Ashton's mouth were the only thing Calum could concentrate on. Anything outside the small corridor wasn't important to him.

"Are you going to talk to me?" Ashton asked as he drew faint circles with his thumb against the strip of bare skin on Calum's hip.

Calum froze at the small contact, it was all too intimate for him. Ashton wouldn't have done this a week ago. He would've scoffed and turned his nose up to the idea, but here they are now on a tiny ass couch where they slept all night and Calum doesn't know how to feel about it. He doesn't want to bring up the elephant in the room, ruining any chance of this happening again so he ignores it. Calum is swearing to himself not to question Ashton why he's here, or why he's being so gentle, so loving.

"Too sleepy to talk." Calum mumbled, turning his head so when he opened his eyes he was met with Ashton's glistening hazel eyes. His heart was pounding loudly in his chest and Calum thought he was going to faint.

"How about we go back to sleep then? We still have a while to go on the road." Ashton suggested, not once loosening his grip on the Maori boy.

"I would say yes, but I need to pee." Calum stated, a faint blush on his cheeks.

"Well, hurry back then. It'll be cold without you." Ashton pouted.

Calum grinned, untangling himself from Ashton's hold he scurried off to the bathroom to do his business and avoid any contact from the others. Ashton was waiting for him and that's the only thing that mattered.

////

ugh I love writing fluff. It makes me so happy(@⌒ー⌒@)

what do you think will happen in the near future of this story?

thanks for reading 😘