Forty Four ; Brewing

After falling asleep wrapped in one another's arms. Calum woke up disoriented and confused on where he was. The sun was peaking through the curtains and the unfamiliar feeling of having another body laying so close to his own was comforting and not all that he expected it to be. His right arm felt numb where Ashton's head laid, and Calum was sure any second now he'd fall off the couch.

Wiggling his way free from Ashton, he stumbled across the rug spread out on the living room floor and sluggishly walked around the apartment until he found the bathroom. It was early or it at least felt early to Calum. It could be midday for all he knew, but after the long flight and large amounts of jetlag he wouldn't doubt it if it were 5 o'clock in the evening.

After relieving himself, Calum made his way to the kitchen and hoped to god Ashton at least had a box of cereal or even just some coffee. He needed something in his system to wake him up. He can't remember the last time he ate something... Calum was a bit more preoccupied with Ashton on the flight.

Smiling sheepishly to himself, Calum found the coffee pot and thankfully coffee grinds as well. Making sure everything else was set up to the machines standard he hit brew, pulling himself up onto the countertop to wait.

"@sunshineiriwin: my phone say 3 p.m. and I'm not positive that it's correct"

"@sunshineirwin: jetlag is real and I'm suffering"

"@SelectedAsh: @sunshineirwin drink coffee."

"@sunshineirwin: @SelectedAsh that's what I'm doing. it's still brewing."

"@SelectedAsh: @sunshineirwin: save me at least four reasonable sized cups of coffee"

"@sunshineirwin: @SelectedAsh too bad you're not here"

Calum giggled. Ashton was very much awake in the other room, yet he stuck to checking Twitter first to see what Calum was doing.

Typical.

"It should be illegal for you to giggle, that was the cutest thing I've ever heard, Hood!" Ashton shouted from where he was still stretched out on the couch.

Calum blushed, hiding his face behind his hands. "You're making me blush! Stop!"

Ashton sprung up at that, peaking around the corner to see the flustered raven haired boy sitting on his countertops. "Never."

"Ashton," Calum whined. "Don't come in here!"

"Too late." Calum looked up, eyes winding at the sight in front of him. He feels like he'll never get tired of seeing Ashton in the morning. His hair a tangled mess of curls, a sleepy smile always on his face. It was breathtaking.

Ashton found his way in front of Calum, pushing the brown boys legs apart to stand between them. "Good morning." Ashton hummed, grinning up at Calum.

"This seems very domestic to me." Calum commented,  slowly moving his hand into Ashton's hair and running his fingers through the curls.

"Do you not like that?"

"Quite the opposite."

Ashton hummed in response, leaning into Calum's touch and that's how they spent their afternoon.

They avoided the elephant in the room and forgot about everything that's been going on between them, but Calum almost couldn't bring himself to care. He had Ashton in the palm of his hands and he didn't want to lose him.

////

I'm such a sucker for fluff omg

This would've been up yesterday but mukely got me to read Carry On by Rainbow Rowell so my mind was elsewhere for the past day, because that book was sO Good!

ANYWAY HOW ARE YOU GUYS?

Let me know your thoughts?

Do you think cashton are going to keep avoiding talking to each other about what has happened? In the plane, club, liking each other, etc..?

love you guys, thank you so much for reading❤️