Twenty Seven ; Eiffel Tower

"You're telling me that you've never taken a touristy photo in front of the Eiffel Tower before?" Ashton nodded in response.
"And you've been to Paris before, this being your third time?" Ashton nodded again, his hands stuffed in the pockets of his hoodie as they walked down the cobblestone streets. "Why haven't you done anything before? I would've been out here at 6 a.m. taking pictures the moment we got here if I had the chance. We're in the city of love and it's so beautiful, appreciate it!" Calum said sternly, jokingly pointing a finger at Ashton. He was determined to show the musician everything he's read about the next few days.

"I've never had someone to appreciate it with." Ashton shrugged, diverting his gaze away from Calum. Ashton looked around at all the beautiful architecture surrounding them. It truly was everything Calum's made it out to be, but he was never interested in looking at all of it alone. Even starting out with the band, Michael and Luke did their own thing in new countries leaving Ashton to fend for himself, not that they did it on purpose they just never knew how Ashton felt about it all.

"What about Michael? Luke?" Calum asked, bewildered by the thought of not exploring something new with his best friend.

"They had better things to do."

"Ashton..." Calum sighed, softly touching his arm. They had come to a complete stop in front of the landmark and all Calum wanted to do now was hug Ashton and hold him, talk to him about all the past problems he's dealt with.

"It's fine, really. We've been on the road for three years, if I truly wanted to see something I would've. It's no big deal." Ashton continued to reassure Calum. Ashton didn't want this Calum to worry, the last thing he wants is pity from a guy who likes his band.

"I'm not letting this go."

"You should."

"But, I won't. You deserve everything good in this world." Calum smiled.

"You must have me confused with the wrong person."

Calum playfully slapped his arm, "You stress me out."

Ashton rolled his eyes, "It's what I'm good at."

"Clearly, now c'mon take a selfie with me in front of the Eiffel Tower, we're making memories together." Calum grinned, tugging Ashton closer and leaning his head on Ashton's shoulder to get them both in the frame. The picture turned out adorable and Calum would treasure it forever.

"Where to next?"

"Let's appreciate this for a few minutes. I didn't just want a selfie with a tower and then I was going to leave. That would be pointless and dumb."

"I get that, but I do want to know where we're going next so I can google it and act like I know what you're talking about." Ashton winked, pulling out his phone and actually opening Google.

"Fine, fine. I want to go to the Montmartre next, but once you see the google results and don't want to go then you can pick some place else..."

Ashton furrowed his eyebrows. He didn't like how small and insecure Calum sounded about his decisions. Ashton wanted him to feel carefree and excited about everything. "Okay, the only place I'll tell you to go is a restaurant for food, so lead the way to all the beautiful places I've missed out on."

"Really?" Calum asked, his eyes lighting up at the mention of going anywhere.

"Yeah, really." Ashton smiled softly at the raven haired boy beaming with excitement. All he wanted was to bundle him up and take him home to cuddle again. And he planned to suggest that again later when he finds some alcohol to consume.

////

hey so I've noticed I've been writing drummer instead of lead singer out of habit for Ashton in this so and it's really bad of me. So If I write drummer in future chapters please nicely point it out so I can fix it, thank you🌸

(( also prepare yourself for chapter 30 (-;

Thanks for reading!!!