Preference: They do something special

Prompt: You come late from work and he has something special for you awaiting

Ps. The image above has nothing to do with the story... They just look good there haha 😉
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Dan: Imagine you come late from work one night. It's almost 8pm and you're just too tired. It was a busy day at the office that morning and you had to stay all afternoon to finish with paperwork. All you want to do is go home to Dan and cuddle up with him while the sound of the tv in the background soothes you both to sleep.

You finally make it out of the building and into your car. You drive for about 15 minutes. Once you arrive, you are greeted by Phil, who is watching some movie on tv. You finally go into Dan's bedroom and see him working on his computer. Looks like he's editing a video, he has his headphones on, that most likely explains why he didn't hear you when you walked in. You didn't want to scare him so you put your belongings down at the entrance and walked over to Dan, softly taping him on the shoulder. Apparently that didn't work because he did get startled a bit.

You can tell he was happy to see you; even after that little scare, because he stood up from his chair and hugged you. He told you he had something special for you and you gave him a questioning look in response. He took you out of his room and into the bathroom where he had set up a nice candlelit bath with your favorite book on the side that still needs to be finished. You also noticed he set up your favorite pjs and towel on the toilet seat for when you were done. Before he headed out you thanked him and told him how much you needed this right now. You also told him you would try to be as quick as possible because you wanted to spend some time with him before you go to sleep but he stopped you, kissed your forehead and said, "you take as long as you need, it's not like we go to sleep early." He chucked a bit and so did you. By now he had gotten out of the bathroom and left you standing there. You thought about how lucky you are to have such a thoughtful boyfriend like himself.

Phil:
Parent-Teacher conferences. You hated them but it was part of the job. You were a primary school teacher and you enjoyed it but when it came to parents and yourself... Not so much. For example tonight, a parent came in mad because her son didn't fully understand the concept of nouns, verbs, and adjectives. What else am I suppose to tell her? The reason her son doesn't understand is because all he does is draw while I teach or clowns around and has to be sent to the Principles office. You thought about how many times you've told that mother the same story over and over again but she simply won't get it. And there you were thinking her son was the misbehaved one.

All things come to an end and you couldn't be more relieved. You couldn't wait to go home to Phil, at this point it didn't matter what you two did, all you wanted to do was go home and spend some quality time with him. You took a cab home and when you arrived you couldn't help but to breathe in the scent of pancakes. Now who would be making pancakes this late? You walked into the kitchen and there you saw Phil trying to flip the pancake while it still being the pan.

He succeed and you clapped

He succeed and you clapped. You had thought he had saw you before but apparently not because there you saw Phil holding his hand over his chest to where his heart was. You laughed a bit and so did he. When your laughs died off he took out the last pancake off the pan and served it to you. He then gave you his undivided attention and listened to every single word you had to say about what happened today. He didn't looked too bored; therefore, you kept going. Once you both finished your pancakes and conversations, you looked up at him and asked why he had decided to make pancakes out of all the other foods you both had. He looked at you in somewhat of a serious face, stood up, walked over to where you were seated, patted your head and responded, "oh my dear y/n, you see, it's never too late for pancakes." You kept your vision ahead for a second, furrowed your brows, looked down to your lap and smiled to yourself.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I know I'm rubbish at these but it doesn't hurt to try them out right? For the next one I'll try harder okay? Okay. (Reference made... Sorry I'll jump off a bridge now lol)
Till next time. Bye, Anne.

 Bye, Anne